2024 Mn fishing opener…..

• glenn57
    cold spring mn

is 3 weeks away……..whatcha all doing????? where ya goin?? i’ll be in itasca county when i do go!!

me……brother has the cabin opener and the following week……….i’ll be up the following week. as usual i’ll skip amateur week!!!!

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I will probably hang around the metro somewhere. Maybe the outskirts if im feeling fancy toast

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Red Lake as usual if not too windy. Nothing like gorging on fresh deep fried walleye once a year.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

We usually do midnight cranks on Mille lacs. Might go that route or might do a small lake by home. The river opener the week before is my jam on the st croix

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I want some of that Jam on my toast…….

We usually do midnight cranks on Mille lacs. Might go that route or might do a small lake by home. The river opener the week before is my jam on the st croix

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I want some of that Jam on my toast…….

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

I always have room for you

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’m hoping to get the rig wet on Roosie.

Gotta about one hour on the new boat last season, I’m pretty sure I didn’t even get any fish slime in there either. crazy doah

Opie
    Coon Rapids, MN

West end of Lake Vermilion!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Pool 4 or Pool 5.

Probably 5 since the Governor is for some reason having the “Opener” on Pool 4 despite the season never closing here. That type of logic is exactly what I’ve come to expect. I think him being on Red or Mille Lacs is a much better idea

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Pool 4 or Pool 5.

Probably 5 since the Governor is for some reason having the “Opener” on Pool 4 despite the season never closing here. That type of logic is exactly what I’ve come to expect. I think him being on Red or Mille Lacs is a much better idea

rotflol rotflol rotflol

Hunting24seven

The usual fishing opener tradition with my dad… going turkey hunting grin

Hoyt4
    NULL

I’ll be working on food plots cutting trees and bringing out kids turkey hunting.

michael keehr

Northwest end of mille lacs as always. Hopefully find the Crappies on the south end again on Thursday friday before

jimmysiewert

Pool 4 or Pool 5.

Just FYI this is the 3rd MN Fishing Opener in my lifetime in Pool 4 so this is not “unique”. Lake City in the mid 1970’s and Red Wing for the 50th Anniversary in 1998

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Pool 4 or Pool 5.

Not Red please. jester

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I think him being on Red or Mille Lacs is a much better idea

He already gets enough money from those areas under the table. Has to use the opener to try and get more from someplace else.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Why doesn’t he just start a real Governor’s Opener…and take part in the late April netting on Mille Lacs as an honorary tribal member? A couple key photos of him tossing back some mortally wounded bycatch or throwing 5# walleyes into plastic totes would really by symbolic.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I would guess I will be on the horseshoe chain for opener again this year. Hope its better than the last few years.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Why doesn’t he just start a real Governor’s Opener…and take part in the late April netting on Mille Lacs as an honorary tribal member? A couple key photos of him tossing back some mortally wounded bycatch or throwing 5# walleyes into plastic totes would really by symbolic.

now that would be something!

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Probably hit something local for opener, then the next weekend I will be on Bowstring for 4 days. Good luck fella’s

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Might be skipping opener, or just going somewhere local this year. Surprised that Warden Walz is going this year, he usually cancels it and hides from the rocks and cows areas.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Might be skipping opener, or just going somewhere local this year. Surprised the Warden Walz is going this year, he usually cancels it and hides from the rocks and cows areas.

there’s still time!!!!! rotflol

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Big Sandy for opener weekend followed by 4 days on Cass the following week. Can’t wait! Haven’t wet a line in 3 months. bawling

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Red Lake as usual if not too windy. Nothing like gorging on fresh deep fried walleye once a year.

That lake is going to be low. Hopefully they get out dredging if they haven’t already.

munchy
    NULL

Pool 4 or Pool 5.

Hopefully he spends all his time under the bridges…. coffee

Too soon?

Riverrat

12 Feet off the highway. Catching fish. Under a bridge.

jimmysiewert

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>munchy wrote:</div>
    Hopefully he spends all his time under the bridges….

Underwater would be better.

As a person that probably votes the same way you do, & the person that is setting up guides to bring Media / Outdoor Writers out for this event – shame on the vulgar comments. The Governors Opener has ZERO to do about politics it would actually make you ponder your own demeanor.

Let’s just rip on the Governors Opener for giving the entire Lake City 5th Grade the opportunity for an entire day learning about the ecology of the Lake through an accredited DNR program….

Let’s just rip on a town that is putting together an unbelievable family oriented event, free of charge (Waterski shows, live music, on and on) for every person no matter what political side of the fence one is on.

Let’s just rip on the fact that this is the 76th Fishing Opener (as a reminder – the 3rd on Lake Pepin) and the history of the event has proven as a huge benefit to the hosting towns.

You all should know this – “Two things don’t belong in a fishing boat – Bananas and Politics”.

How about being supportive of Lake City, the hundreds of volunteers (on both sides of a political fence) that are making this a fun event for all citizens alike.

Riverrat

When all the media and guides strictly talk about the wonderful fishing and tourism opportunities for the area they are fishing, instead of politics and the governors political agenda then maybe there will be a place to admonish the people. Last time he was up here all the normal tourists went elsewhere and the only people around where media. And media don’t spend money. And he left early so a complete waste of time and space basically.

CaptainMusky

How about being supportive of Lake City, the hundreds of volunteers (on both sides of a political fence) that are making this a fun event for all citizens alike.

I am 100% supportive of lake city and all the other opportunities for those kids, guides, etc. But I will hardly ever give that man any credit for any of them. Sorry I hurt your feeling. For the record I do not want him harmed in any way it was just a stupid stupid joke.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.