First step ice on

• aaron
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Christmas Day Walleye Report – I took my first step onto the lake for the start of the hard water season. Closed out the night with a limit of unders to take home. I fished the Yellow River on a big flat straight across from Camp Kenwood. With the family Christmas going on, I set my flags and went right back up to the house to enjoy a little warmth, food, and drink. Flags started jumping at 4:30 and were done by 5pm. Got three eaters and missed a few others. 3 inches of good ice and 2 iches of not so good ice on top. ATV travel should be OK in the bays this weekend. Little to no snow cover on the lake. There is a big mess on the small lake right now with the Big Lake ice pushing in under the bridge on X. Not SAFE! There are a number of pressure ridges to look out for all over the lake. Keep bringing the cold and you should be able to get around the lake just fine in a few days.

bigpike

Great to hear! Thanks for the report

bwca4454
    Scanlon, MN

Any current information on ice conditions? My daughter lives in Lake Hallie and planning to visit and would like to try some “southern” waters.

John Shear
    Chippewa Falls, WI

9″ where I was on the small lake, but as usual on a river system it varies quite a bit depending where you go. I wouldn’t recommend driving on it. A truck went through the ice this weekend by the State Park landing. Be careful out there!!

John S.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.