Wolf River

• hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

Had the pleasure to spend part of Monday with my friend JIm we fished the Wolf river near Fremont, Wis. Punched a two man ticket of walleye up to 18″ all on hairjigs. mainly pitching , working 6 – 12′ of water, all were nice “chunky” fish.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Great job! There has been a very good population of walleyes that stayed in the river all summer…and the late fall push has been outstanding. Glad to see you got on them!

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Was tipping with minnows necessary? I know you try to avoid that as possible, but always hear it is sort of a “need to do” thing up there.

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

Cycle Guy, Negative on the “minners”, the more I do this the more I believe in it. BARENAKED. Talked to Larry Smith yesterday as he was out with 3 clients, gave him a sample 3/16 oz. hairjig and told him to give it a whirl his next time on the water, he was surprised when I told him that I was fishing them plain.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I figured that was the case… I hope to make it up tomorrow for my first time ever. Pool 4 would be great, just can’t cover the travel. Thanks for the report… now I just need half that magic pitching skill you have.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Nothing like the “POP” you feel when they smack a hair jig!

Way to go…Hair Jig

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.