Who makes this jig?

• tim hurley

Not sure where I bought this jig but it works great and I want more! Any idea?

Attachments:
    1. 9A49AC54-60C9-4E82-AD28-81C0ED8E3C56.jpeg

tim hurley

Super sharp sicle hook makes it unusual-Crappies and gills loved it in Park Rapids (well ok they liked everything that night)

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

At first I wanted to say it was the 13 fishing Doug jig. But after looking at the picture a little closer I see it is different than the Doug.

zachary Wietzema

I’m not 100% sure on that exact lure but I know a little company called Crystaleye jigs makes a very similar jig. Same hook shape and everything.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

It looks to be a #4 Matzuo Sickle hook but could be the same size in an Eagle Claw too, which makes me think that this is an open water head…or one sold in the open water market. The beginnings of what appears to be a keeper collar is there but lacks the barb. maybe 1/16 ounce but could be 3/32 even with the extra lead behind the head portion….hard to tell with the heavy paint layer. Does it glow?

tim hurley

Tom: it does glow and it looks exactly like a Matzo hook to me too-Googled ‘ice fishing jig with sicle hook” no luck.
    Troy; those jigs are very similiar and the hooks look very sharp. Hard to tell from my pic but at the very end of the hook point the bend is in. Probably not a big deal but hey I lost no fish with this jig so would like to stick with it. Pretty sure its lead too. Thanks.

Cameron white

We have a guy that makes them in winnipeg, but sadly he stopped making them for a while.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Is this it? It was in a bulk container of “custom jigs n spins” at Fletchers bait in Sauk Centre. He was very busy or i wouldve asked what it was for sure.

Attachments:
    1. 0227181448.jpg

tim hurley

Pailofperch That’s it! However I did not see it on the costom jigs and spins website and I do not live near Sauk Center.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Ill stop in tomorrow and figure out what they are for you. Where are you located? I could grab some and meet you if youre somewhere i go through. I get around……

tim hurley

I will meet you exactly where you caught those perch-i just need gps coordinates!
    I live in the metro-this is very nice of you. I could meet you in Mpls or Roseville. Keep some for yourself too, they work great-I’ll Pm you.

tim hurley

Found It! Bought a bunch at Trails End Bass Pro Shop-Bought a bunch in a variety of sizes and colors. They still have some too.

tim hurley

Wish I had a good answer for you Troy-Pailofperch asked the guy at the baitstore and was told it is a guy from Duluth, who comes around every year or two, no business name.-aside from the nice hooks the paint is bright, jig has nice balance, bought some larger ones today for open water, I may even tie some marabou or hair onto some.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.