Who else is getting delayed?

• uninc4709

Ordered a boat on January 23rd from dealer stock set to be delivered in April. We changed colors because dealer said we could and not impose any delays on ourselves. We were then pushed back to May, and now into June for delivery… It’s upsetting because we were standing in a comp sport shadow series that we liked in the showroom that we could have picked that day but figured we could get our color choice and save a few grand on features we didn’t care about (but would have enjoyed).

Anyone else getting these disappointing updates?

Dan Baker

I’m in the exact same boat (pun intended). Ordered at the end of January and was told end of March/Beginning April, then sometime in April, now June. My biggest frustration is that I traded in my other boat when I ordered, which sold immediatley. The wait is killing me. But at least I know that it is industry wide and not just my bad luck.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

My parents ordered a 2021 Warrior 2090 tiller last October and its still not ready (I know this is an Alumacraft thread). They were told February, and then March, and now its late April and its still not in their garage. The issue is parts and accessories. I was at their house last week hoping to see it… frown

They also traded in their 2008 Warrior 2090 tiller and it sold, but not as quickly as expected.

uninc4709

I’m in the exact same boat (pun intended). Ordered at the end of January and was told end of March/Beginning April, then sometime in April, now June. My biggest frustration is that I traded in my other boat when I ordered, which sold immediatley. The wait is killing me. But at least I know that it is industry wide and not just my bad luck.

Same, sold my boat privately end of March in anticipation…

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I think more people are delayed than not. I fished most of the spring out of my jet boat or with friends in their boats because my Skeeter was delayed.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

This is an annual story around here (even pre-Covid).

Taking a boat manufacturer’s or dealer’s word for delivery dates on a new boat is right up there with trusting politicians.

mojogunter

It can’t be that bad. Well maybe this year that may be accurate.

This is an annual story around here (even pre-Covid).

Taking a boat manufacturer’s or dealer’s word for delivery dates on a new boat is right up there with trusting politicians.

deertracker

I think I’ll put my order in now for a new 2030. waytogo
    DT

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

This does come up every year. So much that when my buddy was ordering his boat I told him to offer an extra $1000 if it is delivered on time and for every week that it is late they pay him $500. He said the dealer wouldn’t take the deal. This was also pre-covid and his boat was 2.5 months late.

Adam Steffes

It seems only reasonable that everyone would like their brand new boat delivered on april 1 or so to maximize the open water season while minimizing storage costs…but the manufacturer can’t deliver 80% of their yearly output in the month of April to meet that demand and retain quality developers and manufacturing folks while doing it. We the consumers are our own worst enemy here. I also feel like the manufacturer could do something to help load level and provide incentive to take delivery at an off peak time. Either financial or with some sort of upgrade package or services / warranty that can only be obtained by ordering for october or november delivery. These cyclical businesses all suffer quality issues from the mad rush at the peak too. Might help some of that. You just can’t go like hell for 3 months hiring any warm body and sit on your hands and lay people off the other 9 and expect quality.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Picking up my new Lund later today, ordered it April 3rd, but it was a dealer preorder from Oct 2020. Alumacraft is is way behind I heard on the Alumacraft owners forums, You will probably see it later this summer.

beardly
    Hastings, Mn

I ordered a 9.9 kicker in January. Just got a call it came in…. today. But they’re not sure about installation because they have no open slots….

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

Kind of the same boat here too. I looked at an Alumacraft Classic CS the first week in April. From what I could tell in was the last one in WI. I bought it then. NOW the issue – Ulterra and Helix 7 & Helix 9 on backorder. June they hope.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

It seems only reasonable that everyone would like their brand new boat delivered on april 1 or so to maximize the open water season while minimizing storage costs…but the manufacturer can’t deliver 80% of their yearly output in the month of April to meet that demand and retain quality developers and manufacturing folks while doing it. We the consumers are our own worst enemy here. I also feel like the manufacturer could do something to help load level and provide incentive to take delivery at an off peak time. Either financial or with some sort of upgrade package or services / warranty that can only be obtained by ordering for october or november delivery. These cyclical businesses all suffer quality issues from the mad rush at the peak too. Might help some of that. You just can’t go like hell for 3 months hiring any warm body and sit on your hands and lay people off the other 9 and expect quality.

This^

Consumers’ demand has become so absurd that people are willing to spend 10s of thousands of dollars on a boat (often financed) with a variable delivery date and no contractual obligations to fulfil the order by a set date. Until people are willing to walk away from these large purchases if they aren’t filled by a certain date, the industry has ZERO incentive to change.

If I forked over ~50k+ for a boat in the coming years and the dealership wasn’t willing or able to guarantee a delivery date with pricing incentives tied to it, I’d walk away. My demand isn’t high enough to deal with that hassle. People really want shiny new boats THAT bad. It’s 100% on the consumers that this practice is becoming the norm in the industry.

Stanley

I ordered my new alumacraft in January as well, would have done it last fall but the dealer I was working with at the time low balled my trade in so we waited until January and found a different dealer and got what we feel is a fair trade number and was told March/April as well. We still don’t have our boat and I hopefully I will hear back this week on an expected delivery. I am fortunate however that the dealer said I can keep/use my boat until my new one comes in. It sucks not having the new one but I’m not without a boat like others are.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Talked to a dealer couple days ago , he said if i ordered now , might get it in November . Dealers have zero control on this . Its forced planning , seen this happen all the time . Dealers take orders , factory keeps taking orders with promise dates. Customers do not receive the product and they are pissed . This happened way before covid .Company making commitments that can not fulfil, but they still keep taking orders.

toddrun

I wonder how the list works? Is it truly first-come first-served by purchase date? I know of 2 guys that are on the Alumacraft “program”, meaning they are somewhat sponsored, and they both picked up their Alumacraft boats recently. Coarse that might mean their orders were if very early also, since they are on the “program”.

Had a friend purchase his first lake home this spring, he and his wife were going to also purchase their first pontoon, asked for my help, so I took them around to several dealerships. This was last month. Same as someone else stated, earliest delivery they could find on what they wanted was November. But they got sticker shock on uses prices as well.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Interesting. Our friends purchased a new Bennington pontoon about a month ago and are having it delivered tomorrow. When she first told me, I thought, “yeah, right,” but it appears to be happening.

I feel for you guys that are stuck waiting. That’s a tough situation.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

My folks finally got their Warrior that they ordered last October. It was supposed to come in February, then March, then April. It came last week, early May. I think the maiden voyage is this week.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

I got the last 2020 in stock. “Ordered” in February and picked it up April 19th. If I would have ordered a 2021 the dealer was saying June at the earliest and mostly because motors and accessories just aren’t coming in. Boat manufacturers can’t get materials like foam for seats and plastics. I still didn’t get the trailer I ordered and he said I could have the one they had and will swap it out when mine comes in but he wouldn’t expect it until the end of the summer. Very pleased with how everything turned out for me givin the times.

My youngest got the first fish on the maiden voyage.

Attachments:
    1. 69BD76C1-A52C-4956-A104-5596E4980743-scaled.jpeg

2. C6F7DD0B-95FB-49C3-BD05-13F44BFE343C-scaled.jpeg

3. 5F5AFEBB-120C-4089-95C6-F87B6F2BED4F-scaled.jpeg

4. 8631B41E-C132-424E-B121-2EE09C49A8E0-scaled.jpeg

5. CCDB34DD-1BA3-42D3-8023-52D8122B0AAD-scaled.jpeg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

That is a nice big concrete driveway Joe!

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

That is a nice big concrete driveway Joe!

thanks Gimruis! we built 6.5 years ago and poured a ton of cement. 4 car garage wide with an additional 18 ft off the side for camper parking. plus a sidewalk around the garage to a cement grilling patio in back. about 100 ft to the road. 5″ thick with plenty of rebar.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I wonder how the list works? Is it truly first-come first-served by purchase date? I

I toured the factory 5 or so years ago. They run models.
    So all orders for Classics will be run, then the next model and so on.

Stanley

Out of curiosity I was looking at other dealers to see what they had in stock and found one that listed a few “coming soon” models with msrp and the boat we ordered has gone up 10k in msrp since January when we ordered ours. The delay sucks but for 10k I will take a little delay. Less than a month now for ours according to the dealer.

Dan Baker

Out of curiosity I was looking at other dealers to see what they had in stock and found one that listed a few “coming soon” models with msrp and the boat we ordered has gone up 10k in msrp since January when we ordered ours. The delay sucks but for 10k I will take a little delay. Less than a month now for ours according to the dealer.

Which dealer did you go through?

uninc4709

I have noticed that as well. Powerlodge had the same boat I ordered (from a different dealer) listed for more than I paid including taxes and all electronics and installation… The delay stinks, but I agree I will take the $10k in savings… My boat should be delivered June 28th. Benefit of the delay is the boat will be a 2021…

Stanley

Dan, I went through LaCannes mine should be delivered July 7th. The price increase I saw was from a different dealer.

Dan Baker

Dan, I went through LaCannes mine should be delivered July 7th. The price increase I saw was from a different dealer.

Gotcha, that’s who I ordered through as well. Fingers crossed for soon!

BandedMallard22

I agree with Stanley, though this wait is killing me glad i got the boat ordered before prices went up. Was told end of august for delivery.. hope that holds true.

Stanley

Has anyone gotten their boats yet that have been delayed? I was told July 7th but now am told august 10th. My boat will be a 2022 now instead of a 2021. The dealer said that they are eating the price increase and the numbers we agreed on will still be the price. So that is a pretty stand up thing for them to do. They also posted they had 3 truck loads of boats come in today and I saw one 2022 they delivered.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.