White Bass – Lake Pepin

• rdgallo
    Morton, Illinois

I don’t know if this is the correct forum to ask this, but will give it a try. Is there any White Bass activity on Lake Pepin yet?
    Thanks!

shockers
    Rochester

I was out Sunday and saw em busting at the surface in various places. I’m no white bass expert (don’t target them) but they definitely seemed active.

rdgallo
    Morton, Illinois

Thanks, Shockers.

rdgallo
    Morton, Illinois

I don’t know if this is the correct forum to ask this, but will give it a try. Is there any White Bass activity on Lake Pepin yet?
    Thanks!

Does anyone have any recent news on White Bass in Lake Pepin?

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

River gauges shows the water temp at Lake City as being 73 degrees this morning so the white bass should be on the prowl. Warm water seems to fire them up…..lots of forage when the water is this warm. If I went to the river today to look for whites I’d focus between Lake City and La Cupolis, maybe down as far as where the Chippewa enters the river. And I’d favor Minnesota’s side.

rdgallo
    Morton, Illinois

Thanks, Tom.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

A friend and I fished in the pool 4 backwaters across from Wabasha today and saw white bass working the surface in a couple areas. If they’re working in the backwaters, they’ll be out on Pepin too.

One

they are small this year. morning or evening is the best.! easy place you can find them will be the end of the lake.! (camp Lacupolis)

KwickStick
    At the intersection of Pools 6 & 7

My wife and had a dinner on the deck at the Pickle Factory in Pepin yesterday. There looked to be 100-150 gulls working out in front the whole time we were there.

rdgallo
    Morton, Illinois

Thanks for the info KwikStick!

rdgallo
    Morton, Illinois

Thanks again, Tom.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.