When is it going to rain???

• glenn57
    cold spring mn

got nuttin here in stearns county…..there saying maybe a chance tuesday????

meanwhile its gonna be bakin the next 3-4 days!!!!! doah

Jimmy Jones

two days ago our local weather was saying Tuesday and Weds of next week were rain possibilities. Last night I see they had that downgraded to partly cloudy on both of those days. It seems our rain chances evaporate faster than the rain would….if we ever got any.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Predicted rainfall here for the next 10 days is 0.05”

We haven’t had any rain in over 2 weeks, so it looks like we are facing another full calendar month without rain.

Ice fishing will be interesting. There are some good early ice perch spots that currently aren’t just low – they’re empty beaches that usually are 3-4’ deep flats

Dan Berger

I have had a 1/10″ in August in northeast Iowa. Probably less than 4″ total since May. Starts west of here and always fizzles out.

Brittman

This lack of rain is never mentioned on the weather broadcasts once the state fair started.

Corn and grasses have very deep roots by this time of year and thus are not easiy killed or wilted by the lack of rain. The drought impact may not be visible, but the lack of August rain is simply a killer on corn and bean yields.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

i was going to mow for like the 3rd time this year but the grass is just disintegrating as i step on it here in Olmsted county.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i have my lawn and moms lawn to cut but that wont happen till we get some rain and cooler weather!!!!

queenswake
    NULL

I usually overseed around the week after Labor Day — and definitely need to again this year to restore patches that have died from the heat — but usually I can time it right before a stretch of rainy days so I don’t have to water. No way am I dragging hoses all over the place and watering. Even if you do water, that is never as good as the rainwater itself.

Jimmy Jones

We had maybe two minutes of sprinkles here tonight. Just enough to jack the humidity.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Got about 30 seconds of rain here in Forest Lake. Not even enough to wet the streets. So sad bawling

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

0.00″ in Northern Wabasha County along the river.

Our trees are dropping leaves like mad as a result of stress/drought. If we get a few days of wind, most of our wooded hillside will be leafless.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Nothing here either. Been since August 14 the last time I had a measurable rain.

At least its feels much better outside today though.

blank

1.7″ in Brainerd yesterday afternoon/evening, some quarter sized hail in the area too

Charles

Had some rain on Monday and rained yesterday in Crosslake finally.

Gitchi Gummi

we got almost 3 inches of rain yesterday in Duluth

MX1825

Here in SW WI I received .75 inch last night.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

we got almost 3 inches of rain yesterday in Duluth

Wow that is a good rain for sure. The area from Brainerd eastward to the north of Mille Lacs and the south shore of Superior in northern WI were both in extreme drought so the rain received at least fell in the areas that needed it the most.

Here is the updated drought monitor for the region. We now have the worst category of drought possible, but it does not include last night’s rain.

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/CurrentMap/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?Midwest

Viewing 17 posts - 31 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.