what are the walleyes doin?

• bruce anderson

We are coming up on the 11th. This is the earliest I have come up to rainy. Any help would be appreciated.Just not sure if they are still shallow , or have they started to transition to main lake humps?

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

We are heading up on Saturday the 13th for 4 nights. Anyone have a recent report? Thanks!

Ryan

Bruce Jones

We were up the last week of May. Pitching 1/8 oz jigs in 8ft of water to shore. Walleyes, smallies, and northern were on the chew. I suspect the shallow bite is still there for a while. Good luck.

bruce anderson

thankyou mr.jones. We will give it a try. and hope the chew is still on!

eauclaireboys
    Eau Claire wi

I am in the same boat we ususally go up the last week in July and always fish mid lake humps and do really well.

We are going up on monday through Friday this week. I guess we will see you on the water.

I have decided to get a guide. We are going to use Rainy Daze guide service.

We used Chris Granrud a few years ago and he gave us a great day and taught us lots and our trips are now much more effective.

Since we are going up earlier this year and know the bite can be significantly different we decided to do the same thing and get a guide. So we can have a great week of “Cataching” vs “fishing” I hope. I had asked Chris yestarday what is going on and what to bring.

He said the same as above. Fishing the shallows with 1/8 oz minniow tipped. Plus they are also throwing a lot of Black/gold or white #13 Raps.

I don’t have my own stories yet but this is the word on the lake. Looks like good weather See you boys soon.

We will be at Camp 91 Kempton East Entrance in a White/Blue Stratus come on over for a beer if your in the area!

Travis

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Any reports?

bruce anderson

We just got back monday afternoon. We caght alot of fish just to many small northerns. We even caght them in 30-35 ft of water. The mayflys have started in black bay. just find areas were they havent hatched. dont waste time fishin an area that you caught fish before. I go with the one beer method. dont catch a fish in the time it takes to drink a beer MOVE.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

I go with the one beer method. dont catch a fish in the time it takes to drink a beer MOVE.

jester

I like that one!

Thanks for the report. I leave tomorrow for a week on the north arm. Will be mostly targeting mom and dad of those small northerns.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Cool thanks for the update, trip is early July and I’m just a little excited!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.