went Christmas shopping at Scheels today

• Beast

Went there for a heated vest for my wife, came home with that, a pair of Baffin titans, ( hope they’re as warm as you guys say they are, and a Scheels hard case for my ice rods. wink

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Went there for a heated vest for my wife, came home with that, a pair of Baffin titans, ( hope they’re as warm as you guys say they are, and a Scheels hard case for my ice rods. wink

That hard case is sweet. Just got one for this season and its awesome. Only used it a few times though.

Dave maze
    Isanti

Titans are great. They do like to pull down your socks tho. Use compression socks if you have that problem.

Beast

had the eagle claw case last year, it worked, but didn’t care for it, tired of cold feet, hope the titans do the trick.

brandyman
    West central MN

I saw that case in their ad, it looks awesome. Great idea!

Dan
    Southeast MN

tired of cold feet, hope the titans do the trick.

I feel your pain (cold). I wear either Arctic Ice or Lacrosse insulated boots, I love that style and they allow enough space for me to put toe warmers in the boots if I want.

One thing I really haven’t made much of a conscious effort to do is get a layer between my boots and the ice. I’ve heard of various different methods but I just never think to do it.

And another problem I have is, since my feet are always cold, I have the heat running on them the whole way to the ice, which can get them sweaty, so I typically put fresh socks on right before I walk away from my truck.

Maybe none of that will help you or maybe you’ve tried it all, just thought I’d throw some of what I’ve tried out there because I’m in that situation every time in the cold as well and it sucks.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Heck of an idea, thank you sir!

MX1825

This is what I use from Menards.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20231204-203920_Chrome.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I use thr same pads as mx as for the rod case this is my third season with one. It’s great for when your bringing gear out by machine. It fits a ton of rods and tackle. I keep a smaller cade for right now when I’m going lite and hand pulling. You will be happy with the scheels case mine had taken a beating and doesn’t show it.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

The Baffins are awesome boots you won’t regret that purchase, I am going on close to 10 years on mine, warmest boot I have ever owned.

Brad Dimond

I have these under my stationary bike in the basement, also work well.

Jimmy Jones

Scheels and Joes in the Cities make me feel like it’s Christmas anytime I go in.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

One thing I really haven’t made much of a conscious effort to do is get a layer between my boots and the ice. I’ve heard of various different methods but I just never think to do it.

My ice cleats have 3/8” spikes on them. I found leaving the spikes on my boots keeps them just enough off the ice that my feet don’t get as cold.

mojo

That Scheel’s rod case is quality, but unless they’ve changed them in the last two years, it’s not deep enough to hold most spinning reels. It’s also fairly heavy.
    Scheel’s does have excellent customer service though.

The interlocking foam mats are $9.99/4 at Harbor Freight every day, occasionally on sale for less.

Cam White

Boot dryer. Get a peet, and use it every time you wear your boots. Dry boots and liners equals warm feet.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.