Ducks on the move

• john_r
    LaCrosse Wi

Was on the deck this evening watching over the river. With binoculars I saw thousands of ducks making their way south, flock after flock. I think the hunting is going to get really good. John

gundez-71
    South Minnesota

You guys had better get the good stuff ready. Sounds like the first decent weather change in a long time is on its way. Don’t be afraid of changing your setup if you are having trouble decoying your ducks. Be mobile.

Gundy

gundez-71
    South Minnesota

You guys had better get the good stuff ready. Sounds like the first decent weather change in a long time is on its way. Don’t be afraid of changing your setup if you are having trouble decoying your ducks. Be mobile.

Gundy

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

I took a walk down on the spillway last night. Many many more cans and divers than even the two nights before that. Those calendar ducks are one the clock! On a sad note, there were 5 dead bluebills washed up, I guess the bluebill virus is still around.

What is the weather like in Canada? That should tell us when the northern mallards should start coming.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

I took a walk down on the spillway last night. Many many more cans and divers than even the two nights before that. Those calendar ducks are one the clock! On a sad note, there were 5 dead bluebills washed up, I guess the bluebill virus is still around.

What is the weather like in Canada? That should tell us when the northern mallards should start coming.

nubbinbuck

Ducks are indeed on the move. There has been a big push of Snows this week into the Devils Lake area. Also, larger flocks of Mallards are moving out of Canada as I write this. Weather is going to be ‘ducky’ in ND and Canada the next few days. Windy, cooler, and some snow showers.

nubbinbuck

Ducks are indeed on the move. There has been a big push of Snows this week into the Devils Lake area. Also, larger flocks of Mallards are moving out of Canada as I write this. Weather is going to be ‘ducky’ in ND and Canada the next few days. Windy, cooler, and some snow showers.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I saw a couple thousand mallards inthe Chisago area last night, but 0 this morning.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I saw a couple thousand mallards inthe Chisago area last night, but 0 this morning.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

i just got a report from a buddy who’s hunted the river bottoms the last 2 mornings. he said there were NO DUCKS flying either day. he only took one shot at a passing woodie in the two days.

so if the ducks are moving, they aren’t this far south yet. hopefully by early next week they’ll make it down farther.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

i just got a report from a buddy who’s hunted the river bottoms the last 2 mornings. he said there were NO DUCKS flying either day. he only took one shot at a passing woodie in the two days.

so if the ducks are moving, they aren’t this far south yet. hopefully by early next week they’ll make it down farther.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.