Wapo

• mike-west
    Amery, WI

Jesse,
    I’ll be driving right by the north end landing later this morning.
    I’ll get you an update once I return. If they are driving, I’ll try going from north end to west side landing. They are driving everywhere else up here so can’t imagine they aren’t on Wapo.
    Are you refering to the wanderooos tournament always held out of north end (by waterside bar)? I’ll also swing into Lucky’s bait and ask about tourny date.
    Back later

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Excellent thank you. I’m stuck at work so getting up there today is out of the question for me

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Urg, stuck at work, No Good

Drove on at Watersides(North) and off at Sunrise Beach (west). Good road all the way across, and been pretty well traveled.
    There was people fishing both east and west on North landing, but not many at all. 2 houses down by Island, and only a couple portable guys south of that.

I did notice a sigh at Sunrise beach that said,
    Caution, water clarity concern. Water could contain blue/green algei.
    I beleive that is from back late summer and the horrible dogs days some of the lakes had due to drought. Just’s just my $.02 on that.
    Very few on Bear trap yet, but guessing that will change soon.
    People driving all over North Twin, Pike, and even north Apple river.

Wanderoos annual fishing tournament
    Feb, 2nd, 9:00 – 3:00.

That’s all I got for ya for now.
    Going to be a nice week to be out on ice!

TJ
    Hammond, WI

Jesse,
    Trucks driving most of the lake. I went off the west side landing yesterday with the wheeler and there was a good 12-15 inches everywhere. Only spot I would stay away from is the narrows going into Bear Trap.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Cool thanks you guys I appreciate it

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Anyone been out? I’m planning on being up there this weekend

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

How’d ya do Jesse

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Perch, gills and crappies were going good.

Perch were all 9-11″ and fat, gills and pies had to be sorted through to get some good ones

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Anyone got a Wappo ice report ?

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Any fishing reports ? Planning on heading to Wapo/BT Saturday

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Thought about heading up that way this weekend as well, but just have to much going on that’s going to keep closer to home. Post a report if you don’t mind! Its on the radar again in a few weeks!

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I hit Bear Trap and Wapo today with no luck. Marked a lot of fish but couldn’t get any takers. Plenty of ice up there with a lot of snow on top. A full sized 4wd is recommended. There is a few plowed roads out on Wapo, none on Bear Trap.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

How are the lakes looking in the area? Any of the smaller 500 acre lakes ice free?

catmando
    wis

Balsam,Deer, long, sand, I assume half moon still had ice on as of yesterday. Loveless was just about open. I fished Big ,last Monday it was to bad to go back out, little wind I think most will open up soon.PS I looked at interstate boat landing, the river is rolling ! Water dang near up to the main road. DK.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Thanks for the update catmando. I just found out Spirit is open in Burnett county. Guessing the other small river fed lakes in that area are open too.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.