Finally Broke in the new boat Right

• john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

I’ve been out three times on pool 14 in the last 10 days, and FINALLY put some good toothies in the boat. Actually turned out to be a very nice big fish day. I could not get many legals going, but I’ll take that problem any day, when the pigs are hitting.

I fished several current seams and eddies, and after a very slow start and some unproductive time at the dam, I got into the big girls. Ended the day with two in the mid 20’s, two in the low 20’s, and one sumo 27.5 that went 8.27 pounds on the digital. Unfortunately, I was alone and did not bring the good camera, so I will try to figure out how to get picks from my phone to put up later.

I did manage one 19″er and one 17″er to bring home to keep the boss happy. We’ll be having a tasty supper tonight!

The big girls where hanging tight on sand/rubble drop offs, and wanted my offering coming off shallow dropping slowly into deeper water. I was pitching onto shallow sand, twitching the jig lightly until it dropped, then just had to hold on! Big fish came on firecracker, purple/chart. tail and chart/pepper ringworms, chart/ green core paddletails. The eaters came on super dos, anything with chartruese in it seemed to be a good bet today with the bright sunshine and light winds. It looks like the river will be rising sharply and mudding up soon, so get out there and get ’em while you can!

Fishbait, it was nice to meet you out there and put a face with the name. We’ll have to get out some time and give the walleyes a go!

TJB
    Cottage Grove, MN.

Nice report sounds like you had a blast.

Mike Stephens
    WI.

I’m glad you had a great day John.Could you tell us what pool? and what sonar your using? Thanks, and keep the hammer down.

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

I was fishing pool 14 again. Sonar units are Lowrance lcX-111C HD on the helm and LMS 520C 0n the bow. Great units for “antiques”!

jasonlem
    New Prague

Thanks for the up date, I’ll be out this weekend sat, sun, mon if anyone wants a seat one day let me know!!
    Jason

fishbait

Great job John you had the touch I had nothing at the dam but did see a couple of nice eye’s go back after checking the length. I enjoyed meeting you and putting a face with a name. Nice boat. See you on the river and always have time to learn would enjoy a lesson on how not location.

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

It appears that the Curse of the Carp has been broken. Or was it me.LOL. Good for you Trigger. Talk to you soon.

big-muddy
    Rockfalls, Illinois

Good report John. I’ll be getting out this weekend. Been fishing the Rock River the last two weeks and have been getting some nice eaters. Talked to a guy I know from Rockfalls who was over to the Miss. Tues.. He said he had released ten fish in the slot that day. The future of fishing on that pool is looking up.

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Ooops, big fish was 8.27, not 9.27 as originally typed.

jig-fan
    Port Byron IL

Congrat’s John sounds like a good day. I’m going tomorrow night , I hope a few big girls are still hungry. Found about the same thing Tuesday night had to pull lure from shallow to deep to get them to go. Dragging up the ledge did not produce much. It looks like the river is going to go nuts soon , we will have to get them fast. In a week they will be so deep in the timber you won’t be able to get to them. Hope to see you out there this weekend.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.