Could use some tips!

• wall3y3chaser

With the beautiful sunshine out today, I was going to do some shore fishing from my usual spot today on pool 2 near downtown, just wondering if anybody had any tips for catching some eyes when the water temps are low! anyone have any idea what the flows like and what the water temps are! And also what the fish behavior is like this time of year!

wall3y3chaser

Thanks for the reply would I be hovering of the bottom then like slip bobber and small sucker? or floting jighead with fathead!

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

These worked for me last week, jigging with a purple spoon with a grub tail(chart), chartreuse orange core moxi on a jighead. They were not big in size but they were biting also stripers and carp were inhaling these. Good Luck.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Quote:

Thanks for the reply would I be hovering of the bottom then like slip bobber and small sucker? or floting jighead with fathead!

I guess a few of my spots the structure isn’t too big so I’ll start off by actively seeking them out, whether it be with a jig and minnow, or crank bait, or other, and if that works then I’ll just keep at that. But after a few lures and some time of nothing is happening then I’ll throw on a live bait rig and just let it sit there. Sometimes especially during the day it seems they just want that bait still. Best luck is a plain #2-#6 hook with 12″ lead, maybe a red bead in front of hook, but doesn’t seem to make a difference with the water clarity where I am. With larger suckers nowadays I have tried out using octopus circle 1/0 tail hooking, and extremely impressed with this presentation. Got hooked up on every take so far, only one took it a little deep but still got the hook out but I gave it way too much time to begin with.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.