I’ll take anything

• TJ
    Hammond, WI

Hey guys,

Heading out on Pool 4 this Friday with two fishing beginners. I want to put them on fish and don’t care what species. I’m assuming current areas are key right now for all species due to low flows? I’m thinking cranking current seams might be a good start and if that fails, drag worms around. I have gear to do most types of fishing except leadcore. I also have catfish gear if I should go that route. Thanks for your help!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Even walleye info from a cat guy?

See PM. Don’t want to disturb the native white bass fishermen.

Mike Stephens
    WI.

Find current and experiment. ThATS tHe way WE DO IT. Try the jigs baited and the bombers, hornets, 3- way rigs, etc. There is no magic potion.Hope you have a great outing.

ssperch
    Hudson, WI

What stretch of Pool 4 will you be fishing?

just-fish
    Portage, Wi

I would suggest to hit the main lake for white bass. I’ll be there next week with my kids because they and I have a ball with them. I’ve been doing it for 30 years and the fish are alawys there. Look for feeding gulls and the white bass are under them. You can catch them on just about anything you throw at them.

TJ
    Hammond, WI

I mainly fish the north end of pool 4. My limits with my boat are usually the dam down to about the maiden rock area. thanks for the info guys.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.