Lake Pepin 7/23

• tbrooks11

After all the circumstances we were given, we had a great day on Pepin today. On our way to Lake city we realized we had forgot the batteries for the depth finder and my boat does not have the luxury of a simple trolling motor. The forecast was set for a sunny, 80 degree day, but, when we got to lake city we realized the worst had yet to come. The mayfly hatch was on and we figured that meant the fish were off. Although we didnt kill them by any means, we fished from 11-6 in the afternoon and ended up with 5 walleyes. Our biggest measured in at 19, while all the others were in the 12-14.5 inch range. 4 of the fish came on a jig and worm combo, while the other came on a perch rap. Wish i could help you out with the depth… but thats difficult to do without a depth finder!

Also, I would like to thank the bait shop near Roschen park, right off of 61 in Lake city. Didnt catch the name of the shop, or the name of the owner, but he filled us in on any fishing reports and updates. I will definitely stop back there every time we make it over to pepin.

Goodluck to all!

Lil Guppy
    Lake City, Mn

Big Bear is the bait shop.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.