W. WI Crappies

• cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I haven’t taken the time to chase crappies over the last four years as I’ve been wrapped up in a walleye fishing league. With the league cancelled for 2020, I’ve made the decision to get back after them.

Went out Sunday with a good safe fishing partner, my 13 year old lab Lucy and started with a lake I had only fished once before but had good success. It took me all of 1 cast to connect, and within 20 minutes, I had the pattern down and was hauling in crappies one after another! Wow, was that fun! I kept just enough for a dinner for our family of four, and returned the vast majority of them.

I’ll chase walleye this weekend as it’s a tradition, but I can’t wait to get back to some of these W. WI lakes and continue exploring for these fish!

Enjoy!!

Attachments:
    1. Lucy-Fishing.jpg

2. Crappie-Fishing.jpg

eyeguy507
    SE MN

nice! my fishing partner is usually my K9 too! priceless

bigpike

Nice fish! I’ve been chasing gils as I always do. I found them during last weekends beautiful weather to be tight to shore line with tree branches. Usually the crappies are not far behind but I never caught a one. This beast came to me last Sunday. Good luck this weekend the walleye should be snapping

Attachments:
    1. 20200426_162212.jpg

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.