Value of boat?

• rwmcvean

Fellas, we are looking to possibly sell and upgrade our boat this fall but I don’t have a great sense of the value of my boat or the current us d boat market. We have a ranger 2050 reata with 200 optimax mercury, in great condition. One of my good friends wants to buy it, has been on the boat quite a few times and knows the ins and outs of it pretty well (I know the risks of selling to a friend and all of that, not interested in that discussion now). I want to give him a fair price but I also need to make some money as new (ish) boats are not free. What do you guys use, Kelley blue book or something? I don’t see any of these around in the 2008 vintage and haven’t seen on boats.com, walleye central, etc for quite a while.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

I think FB Marketplace has the largest quantity of “For Sale Used” boats out there. Use it to gauge what is moving at what price. The used boat market has fallen dramatically from what I’ve seen, a combo of natural autumn price drops plus a tighter spending market. A 2008 Ranger Reata 2050 should go for $35K. That’s just my guess.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Yeah FB Marketplace/boat sale groups, WalleyeCentral or other online places will be the best spot to get an idea of the market. I’d probably send my buddy a few Comps and then say I was hoping to get X, what do you think?

Ripjiggen

Marketplace, walleye boats for sale Facebook, ranger boats for sale Facebook.
    There’s comps out there.
    I would not say the market has fallen dramatically. It has slowed some for sure but disagree that is has fallen dramatically.

Ripjiggen

Here is a 2010. Frankly I think price is high but a lot depends on hours and how quick you want to sell.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2662.png

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Keep in mind those comps you see on Facebook Marketplace are listed asking prices on a 100% free site, meaning that the settled price is rarely going to be that figure. Most people have nothing to lose throwing out a price that’s a few grand above what they want or even listing boats that they aren’t set on selling, unless they really get an above average price in return.

Off the cuff, uninformed guess if it really is in great shape = $32-35k and it will go fast

mojo

When I want to get values from Marketplace, I do a search for the item and then check the “sold” box under the availability tab. This doesn’t necessarily list the selling price, but the last listed price before the item did sell, usually weeds out the majority of above-market prices. But there are always desperate buyers and sellers.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

When I look at boat listings I look how long they have been listed and then the prices. If they have been listed for a lengthy period then either the price is too high or something wrong with the boat.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Post up some pictures.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.