Upper St Croix deep V

• Tyler Lakeberg

How far has anybody been up the upper St Croix with a deep v hull boat?
    A took a shallow v from the snake river landing down to Rush City two years ago when the water was at “medium” levels and seemed like other then not getting stuck at some of the landings if you play it slow and safe it’d be fine.

dbright
    Cambridge

At the current water level you will be asking for trouble. If you have a very good idea where you are going you might make it but I can think of 4-6 spots between snake river and hwy 70 that will give you problems.

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

I’ve canoed 70 to Cty O a couple times. My recollection is there are shallow sections. Just below Raspberry Landing comes to mind.

What do you think of below 70 then?

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

It’s mostly canoe water up there. There are a few short stretches that are deep enough for motor boats but also areas that are too shallow for a flat bottom and a jet drive. I’d recommend traveling up river, going very slow, and bringing paddles.

dbright
    Cambridge

The Croix changes alot from medium water levels to low. Most bigger boats stay below Nevers dam down to St Croix falls. I have boated all but one mile of the Croix from the high bridge to the namekagon. Some stretches are more forgiving but from the snake river down to raseberry landing is not one of them in low water.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.