Upper Red Predictions?

• LabDaddy1
    Participant

Anyone have or wanna share a prediction of how crazy busy the lake will be this winter, compared to last(2020-2021), especially the first few weeks?

My guess is just as crazy, if not more so; emphasis on the latter.

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

Yeah it will be a goat rodeo for sure. Last year was getting a little to crowded for my liking it is nice to get up there before the masses and not have to walk far to catch them.

matt
    Participant

I cant imagine it getting any less busy than it has in years past.Glad I can go during the week anytime I want,you couldnt pay me enough to drive up there and deal with the weekend crowds.Tuesday to Thursday timeframe is a good time to go

Fowldreams55398
    Participant

Of course it’ll be a S show. Where else can everyone in the state go to pretty much drill a hole anywhere and catch numbers of walleyes? We only go first couple weeks because of the lack of ice else where.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

It’s always going to be busy being the first place to get on ice.

However, I think that with URL not icing up so early this year other places may be in-play within a closer timeframe. If URL isn’t walkable until the first week of December and we then maintain seasonable temps without major wind, the gap between fishable ice there and other places in the state won’t be so dramatic. In other years, there has been 3-4 weeks of fishing on URL before you could get on anywhere else besides tiny sheltered lakes. I think I could be standing on ice on Pool 4 backwater sloughs 2 weeks from this weekend…or only a week or so behind URL.

bigcrappie
    Participant
    Blaine

Was chatting with Beacons Harbor when booking my stay and she said last year was there best year yet and expects this year to be even better by all the calls she has been receiving. That being said I am headed up next weekend for early ice LOL

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Was chatting with Beacons Harbor when booking my stay and she said last year was there best year yet and expects this year to be even better by all the calls she has been receiving. That being said I am headed up next weekend for early ice LOL

I will be there.

LabDaddy1
    Participant

How’s it going up there, boys?

@ bear and crappie

crappie55369
    Participant
    Mound, MN

@labdaddy1 haven’t been up there unfortunately. My 5 year old testing positive for covid this weekend so I’ve been home taking care of him. Depending on how I’m feeling I may head up there next weekend. From reading other threads it sounds like bearcat has been up there

Deuces
    Participant

How’s it going up there, boys?

@ bear and crappie

If you click on the members profile, their username will be what you need to type into a thread to send out their bat signal. It’s often different than their screen name.

dbright
    Participant
    Cambridge

We went out of Westwind and rode the struggle bus. Kept 2 and lost a few.

LabDaddy1
    Participant

Crappie- lol I was actually referring to the other crappie who commented above, but sorry to hear that. Hope u can make it out sooner than later.

Nick- I know that but thanks for the tip!

Dang dbright- better luck next time peace

Jason
    Participant

My boy fished out of Westwind today from 8-3. Lots of lookers but nothing wanted to bite. Ice was around 6″ but he said some people where running sxs’s around and had the ice really making some noice when they got close.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.