Two American Hero’s

• BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

There were two young men this week that demonstrated true heroism and deserve to be known. 25 year old Nick Bostic ran into a burning home and saved 4 people before going back in to save a 6 year old girl by breaking a window and jumping out of the second floor window cradling her. 22-year-old Elisjsha Dicken neutralized the Greenwood Park Mall shooter within 15 seconds. He engaged the bad guy from 40-50 yards away and 8 of the 10 rounds he fired found their target. He has no CPL and was carrying a pistol under Constitutional Carry. He is not ex-military or police, and has no formal training. His grandfather taught him how to shoot. Raise a glass this evening to American hero’s Nicholas Bostic and Elisjsha Dicken!

Attachments:
    1. DDF5F7F6-E40B-4DEA-9D78-27B88514BA4E.jpeg

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Heros bow peace bow

-J.

JEREMY
    Participant
    BP

Just looked up that Nicholas Bostic thats a hell of a story. What a brave S.O.B.

Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

We need more stories like this. applause

CaptainMusky
    Participant

I heard about the 22 year old that took down that shooter from 40 plus yards with a pistol. That is amazing and the fact the majority of the shots hit the intended target is even more impressive. Kudos to both of these heroes!

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

I heard about the 22 year old that took down that shooter from 40 plus yards with a pistol. That is amazing and the fact the majority of the shots hit the intended target is even more impressive. Kudos to both of these heroes!

Yea that is some next level pistol shooting under pressure. Wow!

Adam Steffes
    Participant

40-50 yards with a handgun is no joke. I challenge anyone to consistently hit a 6” plate at 50 yards with a typical concealed carry handgun under no time or physical pressure.

I competed at a high level in practical shooting disciplines and have shot well over 50k handgun rounds and can confidently say I could miss at that range even with a big heavy highly tuned race gun. Obviously hitting a person is slightly more forgiving but it is definitely challenging.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

I’d like to know what caliber he was shooting. I havent seen it referenced, but if he was shooting an FN 5.7 I could really see him being that accurate. Its essentially like shooting a mini rifle cartridge. Apparently secret service agents use it as their carry and also armored truck drivers because if you use the FMJ it will go through 4 inches of bullet proof glass.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Agreed, really impressive marksmanship. And brass balls on both of them.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

From what I’m seeing he was using a Glock 9mm, and steadied himself against a pole. Really impressive shooting!

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

Damn that is impressive! Kudos to both men, we sure could use more like this.

lindyrig79
    Participant
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

toast

Coletrain27
    Participant

40-50 yards away and hitting your target 8/10 times with any glock 9mm and that type of stress level is very impressive waytogo

gregory
    Participant
    Red wing,mn

toast

Dan
    Participant
    Southeast MN

Heroic is right on both accounts toast

stevenoak
    Participant

From now on when you google ”Roll model” or ”hero” These young men should pop up. But knowing who runs google it will still be some pro athlete or celebrity, that wouldn’t risk a broken fingernail for his fellow man.

robby
    Participant
    Quad Cities

America!

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Yet you see very little coverage of the “good guys with a gun” dont you? Apparently there have been over 60 “mass shootings” thwarted by a person with a legal gun in the past year, but you hardly hear anything about it.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

Hell yes what a couple brave dudes! I hope the mall cops are armed these days. these shootings are getting old……time to blow these POS scum with their own medicine…….we need more people like Elisja and Nick!

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

toast I will raise a glass and toast to good citizens like these any day !!!

duh queen
    Participant

Now that’s what I call “Gun Control” These guys have a seat in my boat any time they want it!

R Petersen
    Participant

It is much easier to kill a AR shooter than anyone else.

jbg1219
    Participant
    NW Iowa

It is much easier to kill a AR shooter than anyone else.

Please explain this.

chuck100
    Participant
    Platteville,Wi.

jbg i’m also interested.

My hat is off to theses two young men.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Yet you see very little coverage of the “good guys with a gun” dont you? Apparently there have been over 60 “mass shootings” thwarted by a person with a legal gun in the past year, but you hardly hear anything about it.

I posted about this in the Uvalde thread the other day.

You are correct, very little coverage is made of situations like these where an active shooter is neutralized before major damage is done. Granted, someone was killed and another was injured which is very tragic, but obviously not the extent as defined as a “mass shooting.” My guess is that it not only receives less media coverage, but it probably doesn’t happen a whole lot either.

jbg1219
    Participant
    NW Iowa

Just did a bit of searching for both stories… Both of these guys are truly heroic. I see there is a gofundme page for the man in the fire and it is almost to half a million. Hope he gets a boat or 2 of his dreams out of the deal for his bravery!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.