Triton boats?

• Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

Does anyone have any experience with Triton boats?

I’m looking at a used Allure 192 with a 150 opti (140ish hours) and am curious if anyone has anything to offer.

I like the layout/functionality of it being similar to the current Ranger Angler series but not sure they are an apples to apples comparison?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I had a Triton TR-18 for many years. It was a excellent boat. It was built real well and rode real good in rough water for a 18ft Bass boat. If I was in the market for a new boat and was looking for a glass boat I’d be looking real close at the a Triton again. mine was a early 2000’s boat – Not sure if anything has changed much for them since then

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

They seem like nice boats, 150 could be a little bit underpowered.

Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

Just looking and comparing the 1880 ms ranger looks to be 3-4” shorter and slightly heavier.

There is a fair amount of info of guys running the 1880 set up with a 150 and seeing mid to upper 40s top end with a decent hole shot.

Was hoping I would see similar performance based on boat specs but I realize hull design and prop selection will have a factor in that as well?

onestout
    Hudson, WI

How different ate the hulls? It is my understanding they are coming from the same plant just with different stickers. Maybe a little more difference but not much.

fishingchallenged

Just looking and comparing the 1880 ms ranger looks to be 3-4” shorter and slightly heavier.

There is a fair amount of info of guys running the 1880 set up with a 150 and seeing mid to upper 40s top end with a decent hole shot.

Was hoping I would see similar performance based on boat specs but I realize hull design and prop selection will have a factor in that as well?

I talked to a guy about his 1880 a few weeks ago and he said that he loved it, but would go bigger than the 150 if doing it again. A bit slow coming out of the water for him.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

The 1880 are most common now with the 200 XS. This is a completely different boat from the 150 rated days.

The 150 will certainly work, however heavy loads and driving the 200 will probably persuade you that direction.

Taking some Allures in on trade, I cant really say anything factually bad at all. But of course opinions and bias may vary.

My advice drive them before with the load you will actually have, then I believe you will be far more convinced what is best for you.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I have an 1850 Reata which is the same hull as the angler. Reata is only rated for a 175 so I have the 175 Yamaha.

I’d be really surprised if you could get a 150 to the upper 40’s. I’m seeing lower 40’s with the Reata with a light load. Looked into different props and that would maybe get a couple more mph. I’m more focused on hole shot which is great.

200 would be the way to go.

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

I have a 2005 Triton 215 X. Fantastic hull and ride. Seaworthy in extreme conditions. I did hit a reef on Rainy Lake a couple years ago and put a pretty good gouge in the hull. The fiberglass boat repair guy I brought it to…who works for a marina and sees a lot of glass hulls….said it was the thickest and most well laid fiberglass he has ever worked with. He was very impressed. Love my boat.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.