Traxstech

• lindyrig79
    Participant
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

New boat came with Traxstech mounted to the gunnels. Don’t really love the look of the long tracks, but they are on the 8 screws per side so they are not coming off. No big deal, they look fine and was told they are awesome for trolling.

Ok great… it came with two rod trees. Seriously massive 3-rod trees not even sure what you’d use them for other than a bunch of lines and planer boards, etc.

Also came with two tube-style rod holders. They seem much more useful but would still have to have them angled upwards obviously so the rod doesn’t fall out.

I prefer cradle-style holders that I can actually angle the rod down towards the water. I’ve gone to Traxstech website and most of their stuff is backordered and it won’t even let you place an order. I called them today and had to leave a voicemail and of course nobody has called back yet.

Does anyone have experience with Traxstech? Shed any light how I could use other rod holders with their system (Folbe, Scotty, etc)? So far not impressed.

luttes
    Participant
    Maplewood/WBL

You can get adapter plates and mount any rod holder base you want to it

Traxstech A-600-6 Adaptor Plate https://a.co/d/hWuRcp5

B-man
    Participant

They make some of the best quality stuff out there and made in the USA.

Tracks are geared more towards big water fisherman, giving you the flexibility to run trees, dipsys, planer board holders, down riggers, cannon ball holders, cutting boards, electronics, etc, but can be utilized for many different things (mounting cup holders, BBQ grills, tables, etc)

They’re sweet because you can remove or rearrange accessories without drilling new holes in your boat at any time.

You can also buy HPDE/starboard inserts that fill the tracks and make them into a “step pad” when not using accessories.

Check out Marine General in Duluth or online, Russ usually has a lot of stuff in stock.

Also keep in mind that tracks are universal. You can buy any track accessory from any brand and they will all fit into your track (Big Jon, Cisco, Cannon, Berts, etc)

I might be interested in your trees of you don’t ever plan on using them waytogo

isu22andy
    Participant

I have 2 60 inch traxtechs on my boat . Berts custom tackle sells the cradles you want and they fit in the track . It’s what I use . I actually have smackdown catfishing wire rod holders I use more and more ! I haven’t found a quality cup holder that’s worth the price is the biggest down fall .

Chuck Melcher
    Participant
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

As said, those tracks are super nice and I simply made fillers for them vs buying em. The plates that fit in them for rod holders are the most universal out there…. Accessories for holding grills, cup holders and such.

If you know you want other accessories or style rod holders you like, just look around. Sell the current stuff if it is overkill or not your style. I’d be in the market as well…. Bought my current Traxtech stuff used here years ago…. Would love to add to it but can’t spend the $$$ for new.

lindyrig79
    Participant

Luttes- thank you very much !

lindyrig79
    Participant

And thanks to all. I do like they are USA and quality seems high. B-Man I don’t see myself using the trees, I can post a pic they are like new. A grill mount does sound awesome. I will look into Bert’s and the step pad idea too.

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

Those trees are bout $400 each. Time to start fishing the Great Lakes. I use them a lot on my boat. I like the fact that I can change the height of the rod tip a good 10’ by going from the bottom rod holder in the horizontal position to the top in a vertical position. You can hang cup holders, tool caddys, planer board caddys and other accessories from them. When you are in rough weather they can make a good leaning post if they’re attached adequately.

I also use them to hold rods when traveling too. I don’t have much rod storage on my boat so it’s my only choice.

lindyrig79
    Participant

Those trees are bout $400 each.

Wow, did not know that

mark-bruzek
    Participant
    Two Harbors, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Biggill wrote:</div>
    Those trees are bout $400 each.

Wow, did not know that

To be honest, you never stated what rod trees you had.
    You only stated you had Traxstech tracks.
    So we do NOT know for sure how much they are actually worth…

lindyrig79
    Participant

To be honest, you never stated what rod trees you had.
    You only stated you had Traxstech tracks.
    So we do NOT know for sure how much they are actually worth…

Kind of figured that. Doesn’t really matter too much. I’m going to be working on the boat this afternoon so I’ll google the brand and/or post up a pic. Kinda doubt they are worth quite that much lol.

I did order two of those adapter plates last night that Luttes linked too. Plan to get a couple Folbes for those and may get a couple Berts too for options

Musky Ed
    Participant

I have Traxtec and have been very pleased. Have two, double trees and 4 singles. Not a real fan of the Traxtec singles as they tend to stick after a few years. They have a lifetime warranty though, and last year sent mine in during the off season to get fixed no charge. I also have 4 Cannon single rod holders and like them. Also am thinking of getting 2 Cisco cradle style rod holders for when I want to use down rods. They are incredible rod holders but pricy. You could sell the rod trees quite easily if not needed. Tracks are universal between manufactures, and you shouldn’t need adapters for most all rod holders as most of them offer a trac option.
    As I troll extensively for salmon and walleye, I couldn’t imagine having a boat without tracs for my needs.

lindyrig79
    Participant

I have Traxtec and have been very pleased. Have two, double trees and 4 singles. Not a real fan of the Traxtec singles as they tend to stick after a few years. They have a lifetime warranty though, and last year sent mine in during the off season to get fixed no charge. I also have 4 Cannon single rod holders and like them. Also am thinking of getting 2 Cisco cradle style rod holders for when I want to use down rods. They are incredible rod holders but pricy. You could sell the rod trees quite easily if not needed. Tracks are universal between manufactures, and you shouldn’t need adapters for most all rod holders as most of them offer a trac option.
    As I troll extensively for salmon and walleye, I couldn’t imagine having a boat without tracs for my needs.

Good feedback, thanks Ed

lindyrig79
    Participant

I guess they are $400 for the pair. I troll walleye quite a bit but still can’t see using these. Maybe I’ll sell them or maybe I’ll find an use I’m not seeing now.

Glad so many guys like the track system in general. I’m sure it will grow on me once I get a chance to start using it!

Attachments:
    1. D4ADFB7D-1F4D-4BCE-A70D-00816191F2C3.png

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

For comparison sake, here are the Traxstech trees that I have and what I assumed you had. I really like that the traxstech ones are fully adjustable. I adjust them constantly.

https://traxstech.com/vertical-rod-tree

Attachments:
    1. 4F2EE65E-ECFF-4B35-AEDF-32D051083EB9.png

lindyrig79
    Participant

Can’t find the 48” Inserts. Marine General is out of stock and don’t see them anywhere else either

Musky Ed
    Participant

If you have traxtec tracks, there is no need for inserts to step on other than looks. They are built like a tank, we step on them all the time. You really can’t hurt them no matter what you do. I swear they are indestructible.
    By the way, my offer from a couple yrs back still stands.

B-man
    Participant

If you have traxtec tracks, there is no need for inserts to step on other than looks. They are built like a tank, we step on them all the time. You really can’t hurt them no matter what you do. I swear they are indestructible.

Completely true.

The only thing that will damage a track of any brand is a 15lb sledge hammer. The inserts just give them a cleaner look and a flat surface for the guys that don’t always have stuff in them (I always have stuff in mine lol)

I just looked too for you Crappie and blanked on 48″ inserts from any brand.

If you’re in a hurry you could double up on some 24″s or just order 48″s and wait on the backorder. I did see 60″ inserts available that you could cut down, but you’d be throwing $$ in the trash doing that.

David Blais
    Participant

Foster Bros has a large selection of in stock Traxstech.

Chuck Melcher
    Participant
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

The track system is so popular and standard in size there are a ton of rod holder options out there for far less less traxtech.. possibly like you have.

Having fillers is nice… more comfortable if leaning against and they can be anti slip as well. I used a table saw and made some out of plastic boards from Menards…. They are white, but work well and are cheep. Nice thing is you can make extras, cut them down and use as fillers around the rod holders you may want to leave on the boat. Just use an end cap off your track for the sizing and cut the boards down.

lindyrig79
    Participant

By the way, my offer from a couple yrs back still stands.

Thank you Ed. Might have to make that happen this year.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.