Toni Romo – really?

• jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

Shut up. Listening to him announcing games is painful.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I like him. I like the different perspective he brings. To each their own.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I enjoyed his comment tonight about the Patriots stat since they were trailing 28-7 in last years Superbowl.

He said, interesting, but rather silly as that was 17-18 games ago! Totally ripped his network for putting it out there.

ET

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I like The insider info he brings, but he needs to learn he doesn’t have to talk so much about every single play.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Shut up. Listening to him announcing games is painful.

You have to be the only football fan that thinks this. Dude is a genius. Its fun listening to him dissect each play as if he were taking the snap. Hell, he tells you whats going to happen before the play even begins! He is better at his job (that he started this year) than any of us are at ours!

Dan
    Southeast MN

I also really like listening to him. He dissects formations, plays, and schemes really well. And he seems to really get into the game. I find it very interesting since he’s recent enough to have played against the vast majority of the players in this league still.

Whopper Stopper
    Forest Lake MN

Its fun listening to him dissect each play as if he were taking the snap. Hell, he tells you whats going to happen before the play even begins! He is better at his job (that he started this year) than any of us are at ours!
    [/quote]

X2

WS

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I like the different style of commentating he brings. He’s proactive, not reactive. It’s like being in the mind of the quarterback as he goes through what he sees presnap.

catmando
    wis

He sure beats Buck.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

I like him, he has a great knowledge of the game, and a doesn’t sound like a broken record

fishingallday

I really enjoy him as well. On the other hand Aaron Rodgers best friend Joe Buck can quit his job at any time and I would be happy.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I really don’t understand the hate for Buck. Back in the day when he started ya I got it, everybody thought he got the job because of his daddy. I like his style. I like his voice tone. He knows the games he calls and he doesn’t make many mistakes.

But then again, I hate Paul Allen as a announcer so my likes and dislikes varies from others.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Me no like Romo either, the guy just spews stuff out without thinking which leaves himself contridicting what he just said. Love it when he calls what the next 2 plays should be then the team does the oppisite and gains big yards.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I love his pizza!!

kidfish

Would you rather listen to Chris Collinsworth?
    Romo does a good job talking about the coverages and different schemes that a QB would normally see.
    With Gruden coaching again, ESPN will go downhill with their analyst too.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

I love his pizza!!

I thought his was a bbq ribs joint?

Really tho, I don’t hate him but feel he’s too close to the game and over-analyzes. There were times this year when his analysis would carry on so long, the game would be moving on and we’d miss play-by-play of the current action because he was still yakkin about the previous play.

But then again, I hate Paul Allen as a announcer so my likes and dislikes varies from others.

Stop the truck, Dutch and I agree on something shock waytogo

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

Don’t care for romo’s commentating at all. Rather annoying, IMHO

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Most announcers spend the bulk of their time simply pointing out the obvious. I enjoy Romo because he’s new, fresh, and not a mainstream announcer.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I dont care for Romo much, but ill take him anyday over Aikmen.

Hoyt4
    NULL

He’s great better then Joe Puke.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I really like him as an announcer and if Aikman doesn’t bother the heck out of you no one will!!

munchy
    NULL

Over-analyzing the over-analyzer… jester

hnd

I like The insider info he brings, but he needs to learn he doesn’t have to talk so much about every single play.

agreed. but he’ll learn i’m sure. first year jitters.

Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

I really don’t understand the hate for Buck. Back in the day when he started ya I got it, everybody thought he got the job because of his daddy. I like his style. I like his voice tone. He knows the games he calls and he doesn’t make many mistakes.

I don’t understand the hate for Joe Buck either. Chris Collisnworth, on the other hand………

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

Brian Klawitter wrote:
    I love his pizza!!

I thought his was a bbq ribs joint?

Really tho, I don’t hate him but feel he’s too close to the game and over-analyzes. There were times this year when his analysis would carry on so long, the game would be moving on and we’d miss play-by-play of the current action because he was still yakkin about the previous play.

I think he is referring to Roma Pizza )

I also like Romo as an announcer, I didn’t care for him much before announcing but it just goes to show how much a successful (I guess you could debate that on romos case) quarterback in the NFL needs to understand the game.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

just goes to show how much a successful (I guess you could debate that on romos case) quarterback in the NFL needs to understand the game.

I don’t think its the case with Romo, its all about the info they jam into their heads before the games and the ifo staring at them in the telaprompter and the guy feeding them inofo in the ear piece. Romo sure seems to read rather well, way better than me, kinda explains his contradictory analyses and over reading,I mean analyses. razz

munchy
    NULL

whistling

Attachments:
    1. 353E7AE9-0EA6-495B-ABAD-21EC31817EB7.jpeg

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

If Buck and Aitken think the 3-4 day no shave look works for them, they are completely wrong. Two of the worst scraggly bearded knuckle heads out there. coffee

-J.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Toni? jester

-J.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

Toni? jester

-J.

I was just going to post that this is my favorite part of this thread. The OP spelled Romo’s name like a girl. On purpose or Freudian slip?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.