The spring run

• Ross Gunderson

Hey guys,
    Just sitting around with the kids thinking of fishing waiting for IDO to come on. For the big spring run on pool 4 what are the things you usually look for? It seems like too dirty and fish can’t see a thing. Too high and fish can get back in the woods. Water going up water going down after warm and cold days. I’m not the best with the flow age gauge like some are but would love to hear your thoughts on it.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Steady level flow and slow warming temps allows for fish to set up and hold in areas.

matt

Really dirty water Im using a jig with some contrasting colors-black/white or black/gold,black/orange,black chartruse.Even just plain old black,dark blue and purple work.Also important if the waters really dirty is to slow down and limit movement no matter what bait your using.The waters cold and dark it takes some effort for the fish to find your jig.If the jig is up down every second it will make it alot tougher for the fish to find it.I will touch bottom lift it a few inches and hold steady for a bit then repeat.Allmost have to think of it like a set line when on the ice,only difference is every now and then you touch bottom.I could go on and on trying to explain different situations and scenarios but it would probably take a month or longer.Best way to learn it is time on the water,alot of it!

Walleye Hungry

is it too early to go out this weekend and target them with good success? I have never fished pool 4 but have Saturday open and want to get the boat out

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Only thing that might hang you up is the line of boats at the ramp this weekend.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.