Storm Lake report,Apr 7,2004

• ryan-hale
    NW Ia

I just got a call from Chip Binning of Binning Outdoors in Storm Lake.He has been going out on Storm Lake the last week and picking up 2-3 keeper eyes each time out.Casting plastics into shallow rock areas has been the winning presentation.
    Ryan Hale

huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

Ryan

Any spots accessible from shore?? Any particular time of day??

Thanx
    Marc

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Marc,alot of guys wader fish it.Give Chip a call at Binning outdoors at 712-213-HUNT.He fishes the shallow plastic bite alot more than I do.When I go over I pull crankbaits most of the time.
    Ryan Hale

wahly
    Cedar Rapids, Ia

Used to live in Storm lake many years back and I can tell ya its a awesome fishing lake. never had a boat back then so did alot of wader fishing. Fished probably 200-250 days a year(AHH THOSE WHERE THE GOOD OL DAYS)
    *walleyes-spring,fall-north shore, south in-let, north out-let
    *Crappies,anytime,north out-let best, but don’t overlook the south shoreline
    *silver bass, definetlly north out-let
    *northerns(hot in the spring) north out-let the best, west shore and south not bad either

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Was on Storm Lake yesterday for 4 hours.Went out with my good friend Bill Raveling.We casted plastics for a few hours and pulled cranks for a few hours.We each lost 2 fish but that was it.It was a nice day and very fun to get out on the water.
    Ryan Hale

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.