State Fair

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Anyone going?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I have all of the fair I need right here. )

slawrenz
    Twin Cities

My absolute favorite part of the fair (especially as a kid)

Sharon
    SE Metro

I’m not a State Fair go-er, but I love the DNR fish pond camera! Thanks BK!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

That place is a living nightmare. But dang do I want a corndog

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Going next week with the Nebraska in-laws, to show them what a real State Fair is like, and keep the wife happy. I could care less, but doesn’t take much to twist my arm on some crappy fair food.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

That place is a living nightmare. But dang do I want a corndog

Agreed. On both counts.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Are there for sure fish in the pond this year? Didn’t I hear the DNR won’t have a presence?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Not this year, maybe next year. We go about every once every v4-5 years. Kinda bites they only have 3 routes with metro bus this year.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Are there for sure fish in the pond this year? Didn’t I hear the DNR won’t have a presence?

The live feed is from this year.

Between the fires up north, the civil unrest in St Paul (pipeline) and covid, none of the DNR workers could or wanted to go.

The fish tank is all they have there.

ThunderLund78

My work used to send us every year for “forced fun.” But it was a nice day off, free admission, they gave us a few “fair bucks” to spend and we only had to behave until the noon meet-up. Then had the rest of the day to do whatever we wanted. Have some beers, look at whatever we wanted or just leave. That made it much more palletteable. Otherwise my time and money is better spent elsewhere.

My Wife is the 4-H program coordinator for Rice Co. So she has to go every year for at least a couple days and is there now. She told me she got to experience the worker shortage first hand this morning. Whoever was hired to collect money for the specific lot she parked in never showed up so everyone who went to that lot got to park for free. They lost THOUSANDS of $$ today.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

They have been saying in the news that the building will be closed and any activities will be outside.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Kinda fun to go to a concert, with plenty of beer of course. But otherwise I’m always blown away by the number of people who love the fair. Similar to parades they just don’t do it for me

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Not my cup of tea. Been there idk maybe 5x in my life. The last time as recently as maybe 3 years ago. I like the food but can’t stand the hassle of commuting there, parking and walking within close proximity of thousands of other people all day.

I imagine this year will be busy with everyone eager to get back to normal

Deuces

Tlc w shaggy Sunday night. Special guest bone thugs toast toast toast toast yay yay yay

blank

Tlc w shaggy Sunday night. Special guest bone thugs toast toast toast toast yay yay yay

No harmony?

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Both my daughters are working in the Summit Beer on a stick booth. They are still in HS so they will be making Nachos and Tacos. -) I may have to check up on them and sample some of the beers.

Deuces

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mr.Beads wrote:</div>

No harmony?

I b bringin the harmony..

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’ll be in the Grandstand at the Line Cutterz booth all day Saturday. Stop in and say hi and check out the best fishing line cutters on the market.

For all you guys that say it’s a nightmare, you just aren’t drinking enough to make it fun…..

blank

Beads,

You better keep that best friend that hangs out the passenger side of your ride tryna holler at girls, at home.

munchy
    NULL

Couldn’t pay me enough to go.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Going next week with the Nebraska in-laws, to show them what a real State Fair is like

When I was in the army stationed in Kansas I went to their state fair and it was nothing more than any county fair you’d see around here. For whatever reason MN has really gotten to a huge ordeal for the fair.

I never used to go but my wife’s family always has so we’ve been going as long as we’ve been together. I really hate the crowds but we’ve gotten to the point where we just spend our day bouncing from one unique food place to the other, so it’s not bad to do once a year. This year will be the first time with the kids and they love the farm animals as much as I do.

queenswake
    NULL

I normally go every year. It’s fun. There is enough different things to do there for anyone to have a good time.

But this year I’m just not into it. I’m less proud of Minnesota after what has happened in the past few years here. And the fair is a celebration of the state. I’m not really in the mood to celebrate right now.

buck-slayer

Last time I was there we went to watch the stock car race.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Haven’t been to the State Fair in years… recent years have been going to the Steele County Fair… 1/50th of the State Fair but has plenty for everyone. A really nice Beer Garden toast

stout93
    Becker MN

I normally go every year. It’s fun. There is enough different things to do there for anyone to have a good time.

But this year I’m just not into it. I’m less proud of Minnesota after what has happened in the past few years here. And the fair is a celebration of the state. I’m not really in the mood to celebrate right now.

Dude….

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Last time I was there was 10 years ago. When I walked out it felt like I had been robbed.
    It’s like they give the Vendors a license to price gouge.

For example – Sweet Martha’s charges $16 (two years ago) for a bucket of $1.50 worth of cooked cookie dough and she does $4 million in sales.
    Parking $16, admission $14. $44 bucks for 2 just to walk thru the door.

Just can’t do it anymore.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Park and ride is free. That’s the way to go.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

My main reasons for not going:

1. Covid and crowds.
    2. Purposely outlawing legal
    conceal & carry.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.