Spring Water Temps

• cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Does anyone have a water temp reading from Wappy, Deer, Yellow, or Cedar in W. WI?

Trying to time out the spring crappie bite and am interested how far along we are in 2015.

Thanks,

ET

bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

I haven’t heard myself but am looking for the same information. Going to try chasing some crappies this weekend myself.

Anybody having any luck?

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

We started Sunday afternoon on Deer. Water temp in the launch bay was 53, main lake around 50. All reports at landing were bad. Got out on the water and ran into a mosquito hatch. We were covered in larva so we left Deer and hit a lake north of there.

Here we found 54-55 water temps and started getting crappies in the north end bay in 3.5 fow. Made a move to another bay and found the crappies in 6 fow. Fish were not relating to shorelines or docks, they were out roaming the middle of the bays. I was moving with main motor thru that first bay and spotted the fish schools. Stopped and used trolling motor to follow them. Had never sight fished crappies like that before. Had I not seen them I would have cruised right by them.

With this weather they should really start going now.

ET

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.