Does the MX1825 have room for 4 batteries?

• mh454
    ND

If you wanted to upgrade to a 36 volt trolling motor, is there room for 3 deep cycles plus the starter battery?

BigMatt
    south metro, twin cities, mn

I don’t think you can fit all four in the compartment in the floor…. maybe without onboard charger in there??? You could run your three deep cycles in the floor, and put your starter in one of the rear compartments to the right or left of the livewell with a little re-rigging… they are always full of water anyways, not good for much else.

Zach H

If you look in the skeeter forum section you can find a way to fix the water that collects in your rear compartments. Pretty simple solution to fix the problem. I don’t think your getting four batteries in the bottom compartment. Matt has a good idea. Not sure if that compartment would work or not. I’m sure there is a way, and if there is I know one of the SBC guys will chime in.

hunter1723

Sounds to me like that is a lot of money to have water in the back of your boat

Zach H

Just a design flaw. Water leaks out of the livewell when its full and flows into back compartments. To my knowledge it was fixed on the 2013 models. Not a big issue.

Zach H

Here is a picture of the battery compartment in my 2012 mx1825. Not sure if they have changed in 2013. Just thought it’s easier to see something then try to picture it.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Quote:

If you wanted to upgrade to a 36 volt trolling motor, is there room for 3 deep cycles plus the starter battery?

I will have Eric comfirm this question, I suspect what Matt mentioned is probably the most practical for a 36 volt application. The picture Big Han showed is with the odysey battery upgrade. We have used those for xtra heavy duty hardcore trolling motor users. We have offered our customers a 36 volt switch should that 24 volt system not live up to their needs. Not one to date has switched out from that system. References of users available on request!

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Quote:

… they are always full of water anyways, not good for much else.

Matt, I do believe there are some potential solutions that will improve your experience. We might be able to help .

mar-80
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I was at the Skeeter Boat Center today talking to Justin about the MX1825. I asked about a 36 volt system and room for the extra battery. He said it could probably be done, just have to get a little create with it.

By the way I think my visit to SBC today changed my mind from a 1875 Pro V to the MX 1825. Very nice boat. Just need to set up a test drive now.

mar-80
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

If you look in the skeeter forum section

Is this on IDO or somewhere else?

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Quote:

Here is a picture of the battery compartment in my 2012 mx1825. Not sure if they have changed in 2013. Just thought it’s easier to see something then try to picture it.

Looking at the picture, shouldn’t all the positive terminals have covers on them, or is an in-floor compartment considered 1 big “battery box”?

HRG

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Quote:

It is doable but like was mentioned you will need to move the starting battery to one of the rear compartments. If you were looking to upgrade the on board charger to a 4 bank that may also have to be moved to that compartment. It would be quiet a bit of extra work but it could be done. With all that said, the Odyssey battery package for the 80lb has been working very well for the guys going on longer trips with none or limited power for re-charging or looking for a longer run time.

gwood
    Murica

Looking at the battery compartment in my eyes there is plenty of room in there for a fourth battery. My last boat I had to disassemble the transom to get my batteries in and out but I got them in there and they did not move an inch. I think with the all the space that is in the MX1825 battery compartment you could easily fit a fourth of the same size. I would most likely rewire them so that wires are not going all over the tops of them. I always thought it looked bad the way they were wired anyways. But if you ran wires along the bulkhead of the compartment and cleaned it up I do not see any reason why it would not be possible.

And if your going to a 36 volt system which technically uses less amperage I would consider a smaller trolling motor battery, maybe a size group smaller if your really concerned you could not fit them. I have been considering 4 in mine, I would love the starting battery to be isolated and have the accessories run on there own system. There is no larger pain in the butt than not having a battery to start with at the end of a long day on the water.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Quote:

Quote:

Looking at the picture, shouldn’t all the positive terminals have covers on them, or is an in-floor compartment considered 1 big “battery box”?

HRG

In WI all terminals + or – must be covered with a non-combustinable cover and battery fastened in place. Doesn’t matter if it is in a compartment or not.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.