WX2100 – Securing kicker when motoring

• BigE

I have an 08 2100 with a tiller T8 kicker mounted on the port side. Any ideas on how to secure the tiller when motoring in rough water. If it flips towards the big motor, it would hit it. If it flips to the port side, the tiller handle hits the side of the boat. Or, do any of you have the kicker mounted on the starboard side? Thanks for the help!

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Mine is also on the port side. I keep mine all the way up and turned to the outside. I used to keep the handle flipped back as well but I got a 3M pad now where the handle would hit so it doesnt scratch the boat.

Also check the lock arm tension. The bolt comes loose and unless its super rough if the lock arm is tight the motor wont move and you can keep in the straight position.

The only other thing I have done before but didnt really like it was use a Ram Mount system designed for bow mounts.

tsamp
    eldora, iowa

I added a kicker motor steering connector kit. Keeps it in tandem with the big motor.

Chris Nelson
    SSP,MN

Use a steering connecter rod like tsamp said, but connect it to a ball stud in the transom.

Chris

blackbay

I use a RAM mount like Skeeter mentioned. The resolution stinks but you can make out what I’ve done.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.