Send Your Canadian Outfitted a 2nd Deposit Check for 2021 Reservation

• Tim Chrouser

I read an article in Sioux Lookout newspaper about the financial hardship of outfitters and resorts caused by the governments closing the border. Several outfitters were interviewed and explained how they lost 90-100% of their revenue this year. Could you imagine if this happened to your small business? My small business would be out-of-business!
    So…I have 2 Canada trips booked for 2021. $500 deposit for one of them and $600 for the other one. My business didn’t suffer because of the Covid fear campaign so I’m going to send the outfitters a second deposit. They need it; I have it; and…moving forward…we all need these dudes to stay in business so we have nice places to stay up there.
    I encourage others to think about doing this. Your outfitter will never forget your kind gesture and they’ll probably do bend over backwards for you in the future.

B-man

The gesture is nice, but how do you know next year will be open to tourists??

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

I think your gesture is great but there government doesn’t seem to want to help them and could care less to let us in. I always agree in helping in times like this but its hard when the people who should be doing the most are not. Only my opinion.

Coletrain27

Lots of resorts in our own country that could use that money also from a bad winter last year and the covid

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Lots of resorts in our own country that could use that money also from a bad winter last year and the covid

Nice thought but not even close to the same.

The virus has helped every resort in Minnesota that I have talked to. They were slow in May and the first 1/2 of June but have been balls to the walls since.

But, it doesn’t matter, the thread was about deposits to Canadian resorts.

Tim Chrouser

I don’t, but then it would slide to 2022. I’ll use it.

blackbay
    mn

I read an article in Sioux Lookout newspaper about the financial hardship of outfitters and resorts caused by the governments closing the border. Several outfitters were interviewed and explained how they lost 90-100% of their revenue this year.

This is what I was wondering about in another thread. There just isn’t enough Canadian business to keep their resorts open.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coletrain27 wrote:</div>

Nice thought but not even close to the same.

The virus has helped every resort in Minnesota that I have talked to. They were slow in May and the first 1/2 of June but have been balls to the walls since.

But, it doesn’t matter, the thread was about deposits to Canadian resorts.

X2 Dutch

I wish I had more days in a year. I’ve had to turn a lot of people away. CRAZY BUSY.

Nice post Tim. I hope our Canadian friends pull through this.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

A couple of resorts are not giving refunds or moving them to 2021. Some are just keeping the deposits and the customer is out of luck.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

A couple of resorts are not giving refunds or moving them to 2021. Some are just keeping the deposits and the customer is out of luck.

And likely those are the one’s that will be out of business next year.

They know this and are pirating what they can before their ship sinks.

Anyone who has no hope of being around next year and beyond would know once word of this gets out especially with the uncontrolled flames of social media these days, would just as well set their resort on fire.

Sad deal, what has become of this. sad

Tim Chrouser

Really? So you are saying a couple of resorts are stealing the deposits? Why don’t you do us all a service and NAME those resorts so none of us make the mistake of booking with them.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Clark’s Resort & Outposts (KC Landing’s Resort and Northern Lights Resorts) (Ontario)

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Clark’s is the main one that I can remember.
    Clark’s is now only keeping half of your deposit if you send another half deposit to rebook in 2021.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

It’s a good thought…and I’d check with your resort before sending that 2nd deposit.

My early summer trip place on Lac Suel said to just send the standard deposit a few weeks ago.

My late summer trip place on Lake of the Woods specifically said not to send a 2nd deposit, as they’re doing okay right now and prefer to get the balance as part of their cashflow during the season next summer.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I totally understand the thought process but I’ve already sent out 800 and I will not be sending either of those places anything until I am there is person

Red Eye

Had lake trout trip planned for last March with Crawfords camp on LoW. They are pushing deposit to this March. Fingers crossed we can go this year.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Sorry, but a little tough love here.

So after getting their government to ban Americans from camping on much of the public land in Ontario and essentially forcing us to only stay in resorts when visiting, now the Ontario resorts need a handout from Americans to save themselves?

The resorts are the ones who wanted it this way. It’s their own fault they never developed a Canadian customer base, they were so fixated on forcing the Americans to stay only in resorts so they had guaranteed business because we had no choice.

How about picking up the phone and calling your MP friends in Ottawa and getting a handout from the good citizens of Canada?

Or better yet, treat everyone equally and force the Canadians to stay in your resorts as well when visiting from other provinces.

Grouse

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Had lake trout trip planned for last March with Crawfords camp on LoW. They are pushing deposit to this March. Fingers crossed we can go this year.

Crawford’s is a top notch outfit. Matt has always been a helpful person even if you don’t stay there. And he even just won the bassin for bucks tourney. He deserves it.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.