Seat Shock Absorption

• Mark Hansen

I have a 2016 MX 1825. What is a good shock absorption system on the front seats?

Chris Nelson
    SSP,MN

I will 2nd. The Wave Pro. The best compact seat I’ve ever used

Mark Hansen

Wave poor looks nice in the videos. One question. They look thin and less sturdy than the original pedestal. I’m 6’5″, 240 and my mates are big boys too. I’ve broke air ride before. Will these hold up with big guys?

carver
    West Metro

Mark,

I don’t have concerns with the above.

Not sure where your located. I have them in my boat if you want to see them installed first hand and make take a spin on the lake.

carver
    West Metro

Also another note, i would get the seat lock on the passenger seat so it doesnt spin either. If their not paying attaention or dont have their feet on the floor, they can get spun.

Mark Hansen

Thanks Carver. I live in SW Minneapolis near the lakes.

Mocha
    Park Rapids

Am I reading their prices correct……….$599 for one pedestal?

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Wave poor looks nice in the videos. One question. They look thin and less sturdy than the original pedestal. I’m 6’5″, 240 and my mates are big boys too. I’ve broke air ride before. Will these hold up with big guys?

I’m 6’1″ / 250lbs and the WavePro works great for me. If anything, they hold the seat up a bit high for my liking – with your height that should be just fine.

Just be sure to adjust the air pressure to match the weight of the person in the seat. Too little pressure with a big person and you’ll lose the benefit when they stroke down. (Just like the spring tension on the other brands.)

carver
    West Metro

Sent you a msg mark.

carver
    West Metro

Am I reading their prices correct……….$599 for one pedestal?

Correct.

To compare:
    Airwave – $895
    Smooth Moves Ultra – $550

Ryan

I just went through this big decision. I ended up buying Smooth Moves. A few reasons went into this. I was able to buy from my dealership for $500 a seat brand new. I like the adjustment to go up and down by a couple inches. When I have 4 people in the boat and 2 guys and 2 ladies, a lady can jump into the seat and with a few cranks down on the adjustment handle, she can ride in the seat without getting bucked out of the seat. So far I really like them. I think they will be a back saver. I have been in my buddies boat which has them. So I have had some experience with the Smooth Moves. I have not been in a boat with Wave Pros. Just on the show room floor with those. Good luck with your choice. Both are great products.

JR Carter

I have had both and the Wave pros are nice if you don’t need to adjust for different people and you don’t mind not locking your seats forward. All around Smooth Moves are the best fit for me as I have different partners in the boat from my 110lb wife to my 300lb buddies couple turns and we are in business they lock forward to help your hips and My body definitely appreciates any kind of help.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Mark,
    We have both in stock here at our Ramsey location. Both are available for a demo so you can decide for yourself.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.