Catching Tigers

• castandblast
    Eau Claire, WI

Today I went to my new favorite spot at this floating restaurant on the Nam Ngum River.

I always seem to see a new species or something unusual when I go there and today was no different. I started the day with a personal best Nandid Tiger Perch. This is the largest Tiger Perch I have ever seen. A really large one for the species.

And then I caught this very cool fish. It is a new life lister for me too. It is called the Tiger Loach or Tiger Botia.

And then my buddy and I rented their boat and boatman for some fishing on another part of the river. The boat trip was very cool and relaxing. Here we are set up on a big hole and eddy area but no fish were caught. We were bottom rigging for cats.

A scene from the river of a man waterproofing his boat. All the boats leak here so it is more of a matter of keeping the leaks down to a minimum.

ms75449
    Lake City, MN

As always, very interesting. Thanks for sharing!

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Cool pictures once again!

Thanks for sharing

TROUTMAN
    S.E.Minnesota

Always an interesting read.Keep ’em coming and thanks.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I’d sure like to be sitting under that grass hut boat dock! That looks sweet!

-J.

castandblast
    Eau Claire, WI

Quote:

I’d sure like to be sitting under that grass hut boat dock! That looks sweet!

-J.

That’s no dock. That was our boat. We just parked it to fish there because no anchors. Also notice there are 2 longtail boats underneath almost like a pontoon style.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.