Hook Snout Carp & Paradise Gourami

• castandblast
    Eau Claire, WI

I made it back up on that remote creek in XK last week. The common species are the Chinese Hook Snout Carp and my main target is the new lifelister Paradise Gourami. I ran out of daylight last time but this time I was armed with small hooks and ant eggs. I know these fish are not the biggest but the scenery and experience is amazing. My 2 Lao buddies went with me as I bought them new fishing poles.

Here is a nice S-curve spot.

Nice Hook Snout

Here is a local fishing for dinner.

We hiked about 5 miles back on this creek.

I found the Paradise Gourami in about 3 inches of water in the backwater areas. Once I found them it was not hard to catch them on ant eggs.

My guess is that this is the female version of Gourami.

My Lao buddies and I take a lunch break and eat some sticky rice.

armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

Dude. Awesome. What else is there to say?

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

We love the stories and pics of these exotic fish from exotic places…keep them coming!

wheres_waldo
    The Big Pond

You da man. Keep it up. We all love looking at your pictures and reading your reports. Your lifelist is one to admire. The scenery there is beautiful. How long do you plan on being there?

riverfan
    MN

Awesome photography!

John

barc
    SE MN

Incredible….

I really look forward to reading your posts with the dynamite photography. It is really an education to see the beautiful scenery, the unique fish species and the local ‘way of life’ that you provide to us.

An amazing photo album could be compiled with the pictures you have shared with us during your stay in SE Asia. Keep them coming and a big thanks for taking the time to post them here.
    barc

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.