Barra Pond and Snakepit

• castandblast
    Eau Claire, WI

I had to make another trip to this venue before I head back to Laos. I started the day targeting the Snakeheads. I wanted to experiment with different lures. The bite was very slow but I did manage to catch one nice one.

Check out the steel trap on these critters.

Since it was a little slow we tried the Barras. Caught a few but no size. My buddies and I hit the Big fish pond which they were going to feed with 2 crates of bait. We had the ponds all to ourselves and the owners let us use the sardine-like bait for fishing. It was insane! It was like shooting fish in a barrel. The action was unbelievable with multiple cut-offs of 15 lb. tail walking Barramundis.

My buddy from Alabama caught this one.

I caught this nice one.

And my English buddy caught this tanker. Unfortunately, we lost the bigger ones. It was a real show and I wish I had my video camera.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Although I don’t get a chance to post to your threads each time, it’s great that we have a person outside of the states willing to post and share their experiences.

With your posts, you’re giving us home bodies a glimpse of what’s out in the rest of the world.

Thanks man!

Ron Johnsen
    Platteville wi

Great pics again

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

It doesn’t look like you’ll be lipping the snakeheads

Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

You get to experiance an amazing life!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.