Rock island armory

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

A couple years ago I bought a 1911 from them for a beat up gun to leave the colt at home and not play with the kimber as much. Well to my surprise this cheap 1911 ended up being a quick go to for shooting, I liked it better then the kimber in a few ways.
    Now tonight I was doing some quick Christmas shopping looking for a .17 for the kid, I did not find one. But I stumbled across a rock island armory m200, revolver chambered in .38 special in matte black. I quick googled reviews and seen a few big publishers giving it 5/5 on the grade scale so I swooped it up. 249 bucks for a brush gun, also got 20 percent off and a 10 dollar coupon the clerk gave me at the counter. I walked out of the store for 230 and that was with a 28 dollar box of ammo.
    If you haven’t shot any rock island stuff I have heard nothing but good from them. Well worth the risk for a cheap gun, they shoot as well as the guns double and triple the price.
    I’ll report back after I put a couple hundred rounds through it this weekend.

Coletrain27

I had a rock island 1911 and it was a nice gun and shot very well. I wouldn’t be scared to buy anything from them

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I had a rock island 1911 and it was a nice gun and shot very well. I wouldn’t be scared to buy anything from them

The kid and I put 2 boxes of rounds through it yesterday, so 100 shots and the .38 special shot very nice. So far it’s a hell of a 200 dollar gun.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

I have a Rock Island 1911 .45 double stack and AR15 in .223 am nothing but tickled pink with their performance.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Always thought you were a staccato kind of guy

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Always thought you were a staccato kind of guy

No no no, I wish but no. I’m usually found in the bargain cave.

Riverrat

I was pretty suspect of the RI 38. It literally came in a bag of oil. I’m glad you had no trouble with it, but I had to send two back before they even made it to the shelf because the cylinder wouldn’t lock up in line with the barrel.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I was pretty suspect of the RI 38. It literally came in a bag of oil. I’m glad you had no trouble with it, but I had to send two back before they even made it to the shelf because the cylinder wouldn’t lock up in line with the barrel.

Thats the old design. The new ones are different. The old ones sucked. The new design I haven’t heard one negative thing about nor one bad YouTube review. The cylinders now don’t have a centimeter of play.

I had a bad spring in my 1911 mag that wouldn’t force a round upwards. But after 1 call they sent me 2 new ones free of charge and haven’t had a issue since

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

This is good to hear… I’ve been eye-balling the 1911 in 10mm. All I have from RIA is a single shot throw around 410, which has taken all the abuse I’ve asked it to.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

This is good to hear… I’ve been eye-balling the 1911 in 10mm. All I have from RIA is a single shot throw around 410, which has taken all the abuse I’ve asked it to.

I’m going to look at this. I didn’t know they made one in the 10mm.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I’m going to look at this. I didn’t know they made one in the 10mm.

If I remember right, they’re priced higher than a Glock, but cheaper than a Sig P320, and single stack. I haven’t dropped yet because I used all my Christmas gift cards on a CVA Cascade. I’ve got other handguns so I’m not in a hurry, but I did like what I saw in that 1911 10mm. I saw it at Fleet Farm. If you get one before I do, I’d be interested in your impression/opinions.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.