HOF Sold

• bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

This message has been cut and pasted by me from Mike.

Hooked On Fishing will have a new owner in just a couple weeks. The new owner will continue to stock much of the same tackle and provide fresh live bait, pretty much everything you are used to seeing. Tom and son, Paul, (who used to work weekends at HOF) will staff the store hours. I hope you will support them as well as you supported me.

I want to take this opportunity to say a big thanks to everyone. The almost 7 years that I owned HOF has been a wonderful experience. I’ll carry fond memories of these years and have enjoyed getting to know many of you. I will continue to run the bait route, stocking convenience stores with nightcrawlers in the summer and waxies in the winter. I will be looking for other opportunities, as well, and would love to talk with anyone who has any thoughts or ideas.

I’ll still be around the store until about the first of Feb., and then I’ll be out and about on the water (maybe a little more often). I wish each of you the best of everything, and hope God blesses you with plenty of big fish!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I want to say ”THANK YOU” Mike for all you have done for HOF, your customers, and for all you have done for this forum. Its been great working on this forum with you and look forward to many more years of fishing together and posting here bud.

I also want to say ”WELCOME” to Tom and Paul and look forward to seeing you guys at HOF in the near future.

Gee….do you think Mike will be on the ice more or at home more after Tom and Paul take over the store???

Thanks, Bill

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

Thanks Mike for all you’ve done, Hope life lets you get on the water more now! Good luck to you. Will have to stop in & meet the new owners. Doug

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

WOW!

It’s not going to seem normal not too have Mike in the bait shop!

Mike, THANK YOU! for the many GREAT fishing times on the Zumbro! If it wouldn’t have been for you, I wouldn’t have known it existed.

I guess just because you aren’t running a bait shop…don’t mean good bye! I’m glad you’ll have more time fishing!

brad_gravenhof
    Rochester MN

Thanks for everything Mike.
    See ya on the water.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Best of Luck to ya Mike! Dont forget my bluegills!

joeyno5
    Rochester MN.

Mike I would like to thank you for running a great business over the last 7 years. I wish you the best of luck in the future and I have enjoyed making a new friend.

Joe M

Chris
    Rochester, MN

Mike I remember shopping HOF long before I knew who Mike was. I always went back because of the friendly service and knowledge I gained from you and your staff. You ran a respectable business at HOF and you will be missed by me as well. Hopefully, if I can figure out where I put my fishing gear, I’ll see you around on the water.

You’re a good man. God bless!

Chris

hof
    Rochester, MN

Thanks for all the nice comments and wishes! I’ll still be around, and hopefully see you on the water.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Today is Mikes first semi-retired day so I wonder if he went ice fishing. Looking forward to reading some fishing reports from you bud.

Be sure and stop in at HOF and meet the new owner.
    Thanks, Bill

herefishyfishy
    MN

Quote:

I always went back because of the friendly service and knowledge I gained from you and your staff.

Always great advice!!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Have all you you guys been out to meet Tom yet? Hes a VERY nice guy who is determined to give us anglers the same great service and up to date fishing info that Mike gave us. He has moved the fishing items around in the store making more room so if you don’t see what you are looking for just walk around by the minnows area and look to your left as he has put alot of good fishing stuff on the wall back there.
    Thanks, Bill

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.