Two sleds fall through Ice on Zumbro?

• mri6576
    Rochester, Mn

I saw this yesterday, and wondering if its accurate. After fishign out there recently, I found the ice to to be in nice shape north of Fishermans. Anyone have any more information? I was planning on going there Tomorrow Jan 4th

“ORONOCO, Minn. (KTTC) — Rescue crews were called after two snowmobiles went through the ice on Lake Zumbro.

The incident occurred just north of the Fisherman’s Inn in Oronoco at about 10:15 p.m. Wednesday.

Officials say two men were on their snowmobiles out on the lake when they went partially through the ice.

Rescue crews went out with a hovercraft to locate the victims.

Crews later learned the two men on the snowmobiles were fine and had gone back to their nearby homes.

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

I was fishing Desoto, WI yesterday. I saw where 2 snowmobiles had come from the Iowa side, crossed the main channel, drove up into DeSoto Bay and then went back. The insane thing they did was cross the main channel on the ice between areas of open water. I’m not kidding on this. Several of us saw the tracks.

duke.harbaugh

Yes it is a true story, as to where it happened it was in rouschs bay way in the back of it where there are known springs and it is about 2-5 feet deep. As to that lake like CT has mentioned stay on the “road” or tracks and you will be fine. Venture off into areas unknown and well you could be on the news.

mri6576
    Rochester, Mn

When I first read the article, I assumed there must be some mistake, at least with the location. I thought it had to be up stream of Fishermans somewhere. Anyway, I’m heading there tomorrow AM early. And staying on the road well travled will be my plan! Thanks!

mri6576
    Rochester, Mn

Those Iowan’s are nuts. Trust me I know, I use to be one

mike ice

Where is roushes bay in reference from FI?

duke.harbaugh

Where the lake widens north of FI and there are all the houses in the center the bay to the north west. There is usually never a track back into the bay.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.