Fisherman’s landing.

• Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Just a heads up that the landing now has a usage fee and is gated. $2.00 daily or $30.00 season, $15.00 of which is a gift certificate included for the dining room or bar.

SE Fisher
    NULL

Is this for any access or only motorized transportation?

duke.harbaugh

I believe its for any… if you are walking on just go to the public “pier” and walk on there… I think the charging is a great thing. Anything to save it from being like sandy point…

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I’m not certain that it pertains to walk-ons as long as you stay in the bay. But as Duke has suggested, just park and walk on from the public area on the point and not take a chance.

I know Jim is pretty much fed up with all the lake traffic off his landing without permission. It’ll get fenced if it continues.

duke.harbaugh

Quote:

I’m not certain that it pertains to walk-ons as long as you stay in the bay. But as Duke has suggested, just park and walk on from the public area on the point and not take a chance.

I know Jim is pretty much fed up with all the lake traffic off his landing without permission. It’ll get fenced if it continues.

X2 and I don’t blame him… I had to pay him to park there and go out. I am totally ok with paying the 30 bones after all its cheap compare to any other private access…

mcrew
    zumbrota,mn

sounds like a good way to run off potential customers

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

The only thing it will run off are the cheap schnits that want something for nothing all the time. His diners come to eat and will regardless.

Chris
    Rochester, MN

$30 is a fair price for an annual pass, especially if a $15 gift card is included.

duke.harbaugh

Quote:

The only thing it will run off are the cheap schnits that want something for nothing all the time. His diners come to eat and will regardless.

Couldn’t agree with you more…ask jim how many ice fisher people stop in there after they use his ramp..

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Ya, its sad. Everyone thinks that the access should be plowed and cleaned up nice for them, but who’s around to help with the costs? Its an all-year-long adventure with some of these jerks.

I go out there a couple times a summer and just pick up the garbage laying around that people shuck out. When the ice is ready to sail I try to get out there to pick up logs and stuff that litter the ramp area. Jim’s a great guy and one that people take advantage of thru that access.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Quote:

$30 is a fair price for an annual pass, especially if a $15 gift card is included.

Agreed. Do folks understand public vs private property/access?

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Bingo!

fireline
    Rochester

Is the $30.00 for summer use too ?

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I believe they are separate passes. If memory serves me right, its $45.00 or $50.00 for the open water ramp use.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.