Ice?

• mri6576
    Rochester, Mn

Anyone have a update on fishable ice in the area? Wabasha? Winona? Rochester?

weldon
    Rochester, Mn

Folks are fishing along the dike road yesterday and today between Wabasha and Nelson, but staying in the shallow areas. Can’t be any more than 2″ of ice as there was only 1″ on Sunday at noon and hasn’t been that cold since…

Boone04
    Fountain city, WI

I seen guys ice fishing between the winona bridge and wisconsin after work yesterday afternoon.

mri6576
    Rochester, Mn

Thanks. Maybe smart to hold off another week for more ice. I’m tempted to head out on Saturday but like the idea if being able to make it home again.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

As understand it many of the parking areas for some of our small lakes around town are gated shut. I suppose the county/city doesn’t want any law suits hanging over them if someone goes in and drowns. Now with the weather going tow warm up things may not be good for what ice is already set. Its early. Watch football for another weekend, then see what the ice is like.

matt185
    Stewartville, MN

Going to check out a couple crappie ponds in the Spring Valley area this weekend. I wont fish unless it’s between 3-3.5″

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.