south fork of the zumbro river?

• RobbyG

ill be visiting Rochester this thanksgiving weekend. im from California and am itching to fish the zumbro. ill be fishing along mayowood rd between 16th street and the 52. i have no clue what to fish for, what to bring, or what the weather will be like (cold im assuming, for me at least). any help is appreciated! thanks
    -RobbyG

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

That is running awful shallow right now. We haven’t had enough rain to wet a stamp recently and the flow there is entirely rain dependent. Small spinners and maybe a rapala in size 5 or 7 could bring a smallie to you. If you have a way to get below the Silver Lake dam and fish from there down to 37th Street you’ll find better water and more variety of fish right now.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

That is running awful shallow right now. We haven’t had enough rain to wet a stamp recently and the flow there is entirely rain dependent. Small spinners and maybe a rapala in size 5 or 7 could bring a smallie to you. If you have a way to get below the Silver Lake dam and fish from there down to 37th Street you’ll find better water and more variety of fish right now.

x2

Chris
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Even when it’s not shallow I’m not sure it’s worth the time to fish it unless just for the fact you’re outdoors. There are a few holes between the Mayo dam and the mall but they hold itty bitty fish from my experience. Maybe things get moved down from upstream after heavy rains but you aren’t the only person fishing that stretch–it seems like the ones before you caught supper.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.