The Zumbro

• Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

The lake should be pretty much wide open now…except maybe for some random areas in back bays were current doesn’t reach and the ice gets thicker.

Right now the water level is slightly more than a foot over the summer pool so a “no wake” is in effect.

I was on the water a few days ago and not a whole lot of junk was in the water and water color wasn’t actually bad in a couple areas. The water was still quite cold, but this lake takes heat quickly if we’d get some sun.

Chris
    Rochester, MN

Thanks Tom. I’ve been wondering!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I figured you’d be checking the lake out soon.

It really wasn’t in too bad of shape when I was out on it but the fishing sure stunk. I guess I could have picked a better day….a cold front was right on top of us, water was on the rise again and the water temp took a dunking from a few days prior and the wind was sliding along at 30+ mph when it gusted. Oh well, you won’t know if the fish will hit if you stay in the house. lol

I’m hoping to slip out for a couple hours one morning this week and will have more to report then. I sure hope our local forcast holds up. We need some heat in the water big time.

DeanoB
    Historic Mantorville

All the ice is gone and the temp was 43.8 a few days ago. Levels seemed normal. Watch out for the debris. Who knows what this latest weather will do…

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

There are some hard to see chunks of wood that seem to be taking a slow trip towards the dam in a couple areas.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

What with all the rain ahead of 13+ inches of wet snow falling on already saturared ground I think its safe to say the the lake will take another hit. How bad, not sure.

Right now this morning the lake is running slightly over a foot above the magic number to set the no wake but that hasn’t happened yet. I don’t think we’ll dodge the bullet when this crap melts though. This is going to set the spring fishing back a ways.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.