Lake Zumbro Ice Conditions

• mri6576
    Rochester, Mn

I have not been out to Zumbro once this winter. Wondering if anyone can share a ice report. Planning on setting up tip up this week near Fish Inn. Are trucks driving out without issue? Thanks in advance!

duke.harbaugh

Travel has been pretty safe. Haven’t had a chance to set any tip UPS there this year. But trucks/wheel houses are everywhere. Good luck!

mri6576
    Rochester, Mn

Thanks for the information. I finally have a free weekend to hit the ice!

mri6576
    Rochester, Mn

Any recent reports regarding Lkae Zumbro. I went about a month ago, but with limited success. How is the ice conditions and the crappie bite? Still enough ice for a car?

mri6576
    Rochester, Mn

Any recent reports regarding Lkae Zumbro. I went about a month ago, but with limited success. How is the ice conditions and the crappie bite? Still enough ice for a car?

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

No word on a bite, but you should have ice to get around for another week or two yet.

mri6576
    Rochester, Mn

Well bite or not, I’m going to give it a try Friday. Thanks for the reply!

spence
    southern mn

any bite Tom?

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Both the Zumbro River and Cascade Creek here in Rochester have a little flow to them now. I’d assume that the two branches of the Zum that come into Oronoco have some more water in them now too. This might float the ice on the lake a bit and shorelines might start getting iffy, especially if we see much more rain and the warm temps continue. I think the ice on the lake is sound, but edges are the first places things go south.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

The Cascade and Zumbro River here in Rochester are running more than yesterday and as expected, the word is that the access areas on Lake Zumbro are seeing a lot of water, perhaps to the point of not being able to get on the ice.

As a note, when the water is coming up under the ice out there the bite generally isn’t worth the time to fish it.

mri6576
    Rochester, Mn

Soory for the delay. I did go out there last week, but had no luck. It was still nice day to get out though!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.