Ride dampening pedestal for Lund Rebel 1750 boat

• Pat Faeth

I recently had neck surgery and need to cushion the ride in my Lund boat on Lake Tahoe with big waves and boat wakes. I’ve seen a couple models from Springfield but it is hard to get answers from them. I prefer to have an adjustable cushing effect so I can change it from a 170 pound rider to a 250 pound rider. Can anyone suggest a product they have had experience with? I prefer to have something that will fit my current standard 9″, six bolt base. Thanks.

FinnyDinDin

I’ve heard good things about smooth moves. I have rode in seats that have them and they are nice but have not owned them. I was thinking of buying a pair for my parents that are getting older to improve their ride in their ranger.

MX1825

I would go with Wave Pro air adjustable. I don’t have them in my boat but have rode in my buddies boat and are really comfortable. They are way more compact than Smooth Moves. SM also has a slingshot effect when hitting big waves.

Onthewater

I would go with Wave Pro air adjustable. I don’t have them in my boat but have rode in my buddies boat and are really comfortable. They are way more compact than Smooth Moves. SM also has a slingshot effect when hitting big waves.

Wave Pros are the best but also the most expensive. Not sure what a springfield goes for but the wave pro is probably 5-600+ more a per pedestal. That being said, I think it was worth the price of mine. I haven’t been a fan of the smooth moves.

MX1825

I recently had neck surgery and need to cushion the ride in my Lund boat on Lake Tahoe with big waves and boat wakes. I’ve seen a couple models from Springfield but it is hard to get answers from them. I prefer to have an adjustable cushing effect so I can change it from a 170 pound rider to a 250 pound rider. Can anyone suggest a product they have had experience with? I prefer to have something that will fit my current standard 9″, six bolt base. Thanks.

With your neck surgery is this Dr. recommended? Sounds like it is a legitimate tax deduction. whistling

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I own “Smooth Moves” both the Ultra and the air ride. I do prefer the air ride but they are more money too. The air is quickly adjusted over the Ultras. I believe the Ultra has a weight rating for a max of 250/275 ish, unsure and the Air is over 300 lbs.

snelson223
    Austin MN

After being in wave pro and smooth moves I like the wave pros better. The smooth moves sometimes feel like they might launch you out of your seat and the wave pros are like a shock absorber.

PmB

Wave pro

Pat Faeth

My first time on a forum. You guys are awesome. Looks like Wave Pro is it ($1000). No body has experience with Springfield models? They are way less expensive. I even saw one for $100. I guess you get what you pay for. Thanks for all your input.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

The two you speak of are different. One is a real soft ride system and Springfield you speak of is a simple air ride. Most boats come with them.

Jeremiah Miller

The air ride from Springfield are simply an air adjustable pedestal for seat height. They are not suspension pedestals. I understand your issue as I just had neck surgery in March. The suspension seats are a game changer, and a must have. I purchased a new boat and just listed a couple pedestals in the classified ads from my old boat as the new owner didn’t want them. Feel free to check them out. Yes any true air ride pedestals are expensive, but avoiding any more injuries is money well spent. I have never met anyone that had any type of suspension seats and said they were a waste of money… Good luck on your search

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Yep the Springfield is just an adjustable height seat post, not going to do anything for your neck/back. Wave Pro and Smooth Moves are the 2 you want to be looking at.
    Someone just posted some in the classified section FYI.

mojogunter

There are a couple of airwaves in the classifieds. I had a set. They work well, I liked the wave pros more so sold those and went with more wave pros. If you can get a reasonable deal I wouldn’t hesitate on buying those.

3Rivers

I bought a pair of WavePros for my boat this year. My console sits more forward than most boats so the ride is a bit rougher. The shocks made the ride much better and a huge improvement, but OMG the $$$ (

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.