Recent Reports

• gunsmith89
    eyota, mn

I am planning to head up Christmas night to our cabin in webb lake. Has there been any action for walleye over by LCO or any of the Hayward lakes or would it be a better idea to go after pike and panfish?

Happy Holidays!!

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

Why not both! But if I had to choose and there were plenty of both available, Pike. Two tipups down mean I can tend the BBQ and socialize more. I also put the camera down in another hole and watch it like TV.

So sad. lol

gunsmith89
    eyota, mn

I think that sounds like a good plan. I will try a little bit of everything. Maybe even try the night bite on Christmas.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Panfish are hitting well up here. Did well last night and this morning.

gunsmith89
    eyota, mn

We did really well on crappies this weekend. They seemed finicky and would only take on certain lures. We did the best on slender spoons. Sunfish were also plentiful however we just could not find any big sunfish. On one of the lakes near the cabin we wound up catching our PB northern for the lake (33.5inch) and one 14.25inch crappie.

All in all it was nice to be out on the water.

Attachments:
    1. crappie.jpg

2. mattpike.jpg

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Nice job… must just about be time to head to Rhinelander, eh???

Mark

gunsmith89
    eyota, mn

Hopefully within the next couple of weeks. I heard the weather was a bit chilly up there now.

Fluffchucker
    NW Wisconsin

Fishing was slow for me on a little backwoods lake yesterday. Everything seemed very tight lipped. Had no action on tip ups, and very limited action with panfish. Marked plenty of fish but couldn’t figure out what they wanted. I went through an array of lures and nothing seemed to work.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.