Quantum Smoke PTI 15

• brycenannenga1
    Dubuque Ia

I have a 6’10” medium action rod. Will the Smoke size 15 be to small to balance this rod? Or should I go with the 25?

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Hopefully Randy Wieland will see this. I believe he is a Quantum guy.

FDR

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I saw the smoke signals doah

If your setting up 1 rod/reel for multi-purpose or casting cranks, then I would get the 25. If your looking for max weight reduction and more of a dragging, pitching – vertical jigging – then the 15. I think its like 6.4oz on the 15 and 7.5oz on the 25. I have around 16-18 of the smoke spinning reels. I think the drag is one of their best features. Super smooth. I let the clients beat’m all summer for the last two years. 1 failure so far and that was due to being stepped on

raynestorm
    Lake Wisconsin

I love my smoke 15, but dislike my smoke 25. The reels are great, but for a size 25 reel, the spool diameter is to small. Like randy said, the 15 is great for pitching and vertical, or using on a shorter ML Rod, but with the Rod you have, I highly recommend the 30 size. It’s the same reel size as the 25 with a larger spool size. It weighs almost the same as the 25. This is the reel I am getting to replace my 25. I will be running 15’s on my shorter lighter rods, and the 30’s on my longer heavier rods.

FYI, you want the largest spool diameter you can get within the weight of reel you desire. KVD had a great article detailing this, and he only uses the 40 size for the larger spool diameter, even though it weighs a lot.

Hope this helps

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I would add that if you are running mono or braid the 25 is fine…with fluoro
    I agree on the 30…back it with some cheap 6# mono to save some $$$.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.