Printing a Thread

• Sharon
    Dakota County, MN

Is there a nifty trick to printing a thread from IDO? I’d love to print my thread about Billy’s passing as a keepsake with all of your wonderful responses of care, support, and comfort. But the standard CTRL + P for the basic print option doesn’t print the most readably. Any tips? Thanks much!

Iowaboy1

I highlight an area I want printed,copy it,then send it to the printer.
    you can,or at least I have been able to highlight the entire thread and do the same thing as I did that with my tribute to Gracie.

TheCrappieFisherman
    West Metro

On my phone I can do a scrolling screen shot and get an entire forum page but on the phone screen it appears very compressed. Not sure if a printer/desktop could expand it or something..

James Almquist

It might take a few shots but you could always use the snipping tool on a computer. I know its is in Windows 7 but not sure about newer versions. Another option would be to copy and paste into Notepad and print it.

Buffalo Fishhead

1. Highlight the first page of the thread
    2. Hit Control + C (to copy what you have highlighted)
    3. Go to a blank Word document
    4. Hit Control + V (to paste the highlighted material)

5. Highlight the second page of the thread
    6. Repeat steps 2 – 4 above

7. Do this with pages 3, 4 and 5.

8. Save the Word document when all the material is copies into the Word
    document.

9. Print

This will take you about 6-8 minutes to do. The Word document will be about 41 pages long.

Buffalo Fishhead

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Buffalo Fishhead
    I tried your instructions and that does not work for me. I copied this entire thread on this page, all the way thru Sharon’s inquiry. The results when pasted into the word document is; The information I highlighted gets “stacked” on top of each other. You can not see this in the text body but it evident when viewing the avatars on the page.

Attachments:
    1. stacked.jpg

Buffalo Fishhead

Buffalo Fishhead
    I tried your instructions and that does not work for me. I copied this entire thread on this page, all the way thru Sharon’s inquiry. The results when pasted into the word document is; The information I highlighted gets “stacked” on top of each other. You can not see this in the text body but it evident when viewing the avatars on the page.

Huntindave:

Hummm.. Not sure what I am doing that you are not doing.

I used the method I described and copied the entire thread (5 pages) she wants in the 6-8 minutes I mentioned.

I have the thread copied and saved in a Word document. If Sharon wants a copy I would gladly email her a copy. Just need her email.

Buffalo Fishhead

Sharon
    Dakota County, MN

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! I appreciate it. There’s definitely a finess when copying from websites into Word and like with much of the Word program, there are so many options to choose from when pasting which will affect with final look of the document.

Buffalo Fishhead – I’ll send you a PM!

Buffalo Fishhead

Sharon:

Got your PM and sent you the Word document.

Buffalo Fishhead

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.