A pair got away??

• tapout

SO my ? Is sunday me and two buddys did a set in a fence line we were spead out 75 yards apart I was in the middle in a ladder stand woods behind use 300 acres crp in front of us me and another were faceing crp and another guy facing woods watching are back side I notice two bust out of woods behind us and one was 50 yards behind me me befire I noticed it but coming right at me ao I couldnt spin on him figuring my buddy was going to let one fly all of a sudden he must of seen him move cause that yote looked that way then spun and bolted by the time I got swung around and on him he was two hundred yards and at woods edge so I let him go. Called alittle more and I coulsnt cox him back out how long should I wait till I go try again? And should I set up on a dif fence and use dif calls the next time?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

From what I’ve read and been told, that dog may not come back at all this year. Of course, there are exceptions to every rule. I educated one over Xmas and still haven’t called one back into that spot even though it’s full of fresh tracks each time I’m there. I’m a firm believer of switching it up no matter if it’s deer or coyotes. Can’t hurt to try anyway.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Use a different call and sequence. educated dogs are tough!

johnee

All you can do is keep trying.

Since you didn’t shoot at them, you might get another chance. Especially if you’re in an area where coyotes have regular chance encounters with people.

On a cattle ranch where I hunt, there are 2 coyotes in particular that seem to consider themselves part of the family. They show up ever other day or so and, of course, the ranchers never have a gun on them when they need it, so the coyotes have learned that contact with people is just part of the daily routine and they appear to have the opinion that it’s no big deal. Needless to say, I’m hoping to catch up with this pair any day now. .

But my point is that I would give this pair a rest and then go after them again with a different setup and sequence. You may get lucky and find that they didn’t put two and two together and figure out what you were up to.

Grouse

tapout

THanks guys these two live right their in this patch of woods behind a house I seen them many time during deer season got them on cam alot and they have the den right their. I think they see humans pretty offen so ill let it rest alittle next time set up on the other side of the property and use bird distress calls with a mojo and see what happens

tapout

FOr those of u that were wondering if a teal or mallard mojo would work ive used it a few time and it seems so far to work great

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.