pout fest?

• tapout

Me and the wife’s first time ever going. Herd a lot about it what can a guy expect goods and bads?

castle-rock-clown

Join the club tapout, I asked about poutfest awhile back and got zero response. I belive it’s the same weekend as the low gtg. It looks like a good time, but maybe a little too wrandy for the folks here.

tapout

Haha I see gotta cut loose now and again and I can’t think of a better way to wrap up the hard water season then to join this party.from the videos I’ve seen looks like a heck of a wild time with my kinda people.

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

It’s not really family friendly but a good time for sure if you are looking to cut loose. Leech is a big lake so getting away from the crowds and doing some serious fishing is also a possibility. In the future I would personally love to see a more conservation minded focus in regard to this finite Burbot fishery.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Sturgis meets ice fishing

That’s exactly what I was going to say. I’ve been and it’s a spectacle for sure. We had fun. Nothing generates revenue for a small town like booze and debotchery!

tapout

OK heading to pout fest never even looked at leech lake on navionics or fished it. Wow that is one deep bay I’ve never fished that deep of water. I would like to kinda get away from the big crowd maybe off to the side a bit but still close enough to walk a little ways to get to it or wheeler to it.anybody got a good depth for me to start out with? Don’t want your hot spot I’d even take your worst spot I just don’t have a clue how to go about that.

tapout

And another ? Anybody know how far a guy will need to go out before u hit the edge of the big shack town at this event

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

The east side of Walker bay should not be too crowded, it’s roughly a mile across from the accesses in town. Look for points or inside turns with basin egress.

BK_ICEMAN_MN
    New Ulm

We typically stay within a short walk of the big mass of people outside of chase. We setup multiple houses, try to find some humps or structure even though there are hundreds of houses setup all around us. We’ve caught walleye, perch, northern, bass, and yes even an eelpout right there near the main drag.

We go to party first, but we definitely wet our lines as well. We also bring portables with and venture out to the other sides of the bay to get our fishing in. Do that during the day and party at night! the perfect wrap up to the season!

Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

OK heading to pout fest never even looked at leech lake on navionics or fished it. Wow that is one deep bay I’ve never fished that deep of water. I would like to kinda get away from the big crowd maybe off to the side a bit but still close enough to walk a little ways to get to it or wheeler to it.anybody got a good depth for me to start out with? Don’t want your hot spot I’d even take your worst spot I just don’t have a clue how to go about that.

Good luck……….. make sure to wear ice cleats and a helmet.

It’s a blast. Make sure to take part in the “reverse Jonah”

tapout

Sounds like a blast can’t wait to check it out thanks for the info guys.

tapout

Do people actually have much luck catching fish out in that deep water I’m talking that 50 60 70 feet deep range?

BK_ICEMAN_MN
    New Ulm

I can’t speak for everyone but we try to stay out of that depth. Set up on or near a hump in 35-40ft is usually where we end up. Quite honestly where we pick our spot depends on how close to the party we want to be and where others are setup. We don’t want to be so far away that we can’t safely walk (with a jag on) to and from the party, but far enough away so that we arent right in the thick of it. It’s hard to pick a spot before getting up there and seeing this year’s layout.

My guess is this year with minimal snow, that there will not be defined roadways which could really lead to a cluster of houses everywhere. I’ve seen it before and that’s my assumption for this year as well. When there is more snow it is nicer because people stick to major roadways and you plow out your spot to setup camp. Much better scenario.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.