Plumbing question

• Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I went to take a shower this morning and there was no pressure. The water barely came out of the shower head. The pressure at the bathroom sink was a little low but not bad. I went downstairs and checked the utility room and everything looked good and had great pressure. Back to the shower and it had a little more pressure but not much? It was like an old man taking a Polish shower instead of a young buck. 1980 home.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Pull the shower head off and check the pressure. Maybe over time it plugged up.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

City or well water?

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Pull the shower head off and check the pressure. Maybe over time it plugged up.

That was my first thought. But the pressure was good yesterday.
    City water.

B-man

Sounds like your screens are plugged.

The city could have been working a valve or flushing a hydrant and knocked some junk loose in the water main (very common).

You could also check your valves in the utility room in case one got bumped partially closed while moving something, using a ladder, etc, etc

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

The city could have been working a valve or flushing a hydrant and knocked some junk loose in the water main (very common).

Totally what I was thinking. This has happened to me several times and it’s the first thing that you turn on that takes all the crud that they knocked loose. Which would explain why just the shower.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

You guys were right. Thank you.

ThunderLund78

Love it when they flush the hydrants and my water turns to tomato juice for a few minutes.

Lou W

Soaking aerators and shower heads in lime away really keeps them clean

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.