Great trip!! Thanks Chad!

• pete/ny
    Youngstown NY

3 of us just back today from a weeks long adventure up to Pasha Lake. Long drive for us ( 18 hours) but the fishing was tremendous.We fished 4 different lakes and river during our weeks stay and the weather was beautiful all week, all though a little hot 2 days.The weather was 2 weeks early and the water was pretty low (water temp was in the 70-73 degree range) in some lakes but we were told it was a funny Winter and a very early Spring.The black flys have gone but the horseflys and mosquitoes have taken their place. Thank God for the bugsuits and reppellent!! Being our first time there, didn’t really know what to expect as all I knew about the place was from the help I got on here from a few who have been there and talking to Chad. His fishing week package price is very reasonable considering all he provides. Chad is a great owner/ operator and I now know why hes alittle late sometimes getting any fishing reports posted on here.Hes very busy working the camp all day and then with 3 little boys, he has to do the Father thing too and it looks like it working well for him. Boats were good as were the motors, all the minnows and gas you needed for daily trips and Barry his ace helper/ mechanic was very helpful and always busy but would always stop and answer any questions you may have had. The cabin we had was very clean and in order when we arrived.Check in time is normally 3 PM but we got there early morning and he had an empty cottage due to a sudden cancellation and he gave it to us so we didn’t have to hang around half a day doing nothing before checking in, Thanks Chad!!!In total 3 of us caught and released over 300 walleyes and probably 100 pike. The walleyes we threw back were monsters (many, many, over 20 inches,and the largest was a fat 26 incher, which also was released) we didn’t get any really large pike ( as we didnt target them specifically) but got a lot in the 24-32 inch range.One thing we were not aware of though was the camp water is not drinkable so bring your own, but he does have some for sale at a reasonable price.By all means bring a portable depth/fishfinder as these lakes all have some wild contour patterns and without one,all would had been hard to fish) We saw 6 bears, a few really up close and 4 moose and a calf while we were there.For anyone who has not been that far North, its a beautiful scenic area and will definitely be back.This area is very remote and some of the lakes you fish are anywheres from 20 minutes to 2 hours away so be prepared for most anything as gas stations and repair shops are far away.The roads are all gravel and dusty so if you worry about trying to keep your vehicle washed and waxed, this is definitely not the place for you!!!!!Eac day Chad will ask you where you would like to go so if something happens and you don’t show up, he will know what lake you were on.One lake we fished we had to cartop a boat ( he has a couple neat wooden racks that slide into the bed of your truck)and the 14 ft boat rides on that.We had to carry the gas and motor in as well but the walk from the road was short and quick.On a sacle of lodges I have been to in the last 37 years in Ontario, I would rate Chad’s place as one of the best I have fished at, especially for a drive-in camp.Hope all works out next year as I would love to go back.Anyone have any questions, let me know and I will try and help you out.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Sounds like you had a good time. It is great to get away and Canada in the spring/early summer… hard to beat

big G

pete/ny
    Youngstown NY

Chris- 2 of the bears were really fat and lumbered across the road in front of us. I told Chad where we saw all the bears and he said that they were not in his assigned hunting areas.I am sure though if we saw these in such a short timespan and in a small area, there are plenty more of them in the area. One guy I talked to on another website forum was in the same area 3 weeks ago and he saw 14 the week they were there.

arklite881south

THAT will likey subtract even more sleep until our September Bear hunt with Chad!! My dad and I are JACKED for the chance to get out in the Canada Wilderness with those Giant Black bears!!

chomps
    Sioux City IA

thanks for sharing your experience, this is on my list as well.

Chad Thompson
    2 hours from Thunder Bay, Ontario

Thanks Pete for the kind comments. I always tell the guests we aren’t perfect, but we try dang hard at it!

Hope to see you and the boys again next year and would like to get out and wet a line with ya!

pete/ny
    Youngstown NY

Chad- No problem.Except for that little glitch we had a great trip and hope to see you next year.Good Luck on your new addition to the Family when he or she arrives!! Thanks also to all the Members on here that helped me decide on Pasha lakes Cabins giving me advice and tips.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.